Trying to migrate 2 VBScripts into one.

To simulate this problem it is important to migrate the RunAs script and the Key Changer together and on Windows 7 UAC needs to be turned on or you have to be on a guest account without admin rights to simulate this problem.

Run_As_and_Key_Changer_script.jpg

And it seems that the only difference between GSM's tests and that of Jeffery, is that GSM calls the external KeyChanger script while Jeffery tried to put it inline. Do I understand that correctly? Jeffery, if you try to break the KeyChanger script out into a separate file does that work correctly? I know you want it as a single file, but does it work as two files?

Cheers and Regards

Since I dont want to write the whole things for you, not my job I will point you in a direction that might help you. I added a function to the script from Stackoverflow that I called Input.

Dim A Set reg = GetObject("winmgmts://./root/default:StdRegProv")rc = reg.GetStringValue(&h80000003, "S-1-5-19\Environment", "TEMP", val)If rc = 5 Then  'return code 5 == access denied  're-launch script only when it was run without arguments, so we don't go  'in circles when admin privileges can't be acquired  If WScript.Arguments.Count = 0 Then    're-launch as administrator; the additional argument is a guard to make    'sure the script is re-launched only once    CreateObject("Shell.Application").ShellExecute "wscript.exe" _      , Chr(34) & WScript.ScriptFullName & Chr(34) & " relaunch", "", "runas", 1    WScript.Quit 0  Else    WScript.Echo "Cannot acquire admin privileges."    WScript.Quit 1  End IfElse  'your code here ' CreateObject("Wscript.Shell").Run("C:\Users\Gunsmokingman\Desktop\RegistrationChanger.hta"),1,True  ' CreateObject("Wscript.Shell").Run("powerCfg -H Off")   Input()   WScript.Echo AEnd If   Function Input()     Input=InputBox( _     "Type In The New Key In This Format 12345-54321-12345-ABCDE-1A2B3.")     If Len(Input) = 29 Then A = Input     If Not Len(Input) = 29 Then         If MsgBox( _      "Does Not Appear To Have 29 Characters : " & Len(Input) & vbCrLf & _      "Would You Like To Redo Your Input, Yes To Redo," & vbCrLf & _      "No To Exit And Do Nothing?",4132,"Redo Or Quit") = 6 Then      Input()                Else           WScript.Quit      End If     End If    End Function

To expand on Yzöwl's question, according to this:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa394520(v=vs.85).aspx

Requirements

Minimum supported client Windows XP

Minimum supported server Windows Server 2003

End of client support Windows XP

End of server support Windows Server 2003 R2

the win32_WindowsProductActivation class is non-existing on non-XP/2003.

jaclaz

Nobody has yet answered my basic question!

What is the point of the flow of this Topic? A Windows XP key changing script on Windows 7

1:\ The user was asking for help on how to make the script work correct.

2:\ My understanding is that the user want to change some product keys on some OS that seems to have UAC enable.

3:\ Jaclaz your wrong List Windows Product Activation Status

2:\ My understanding is that the user want to change some product keys on some OS that seems to have UAC enable.

My understanding is very similar to yours, though I suspect that the OP is slipping (and indirectly bringing down you with him :ph34r:) on a chocolate-covered banana :w00t:, just in case:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com./jonathan.deboynepollard/FGA/put-down-the-chocolate-covered-banana.html

I may be (rare, but it can happen ;)), but I did not actually state anything, I simply reported a source "as is".

Just for the record here:

http://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/3209f9b8-842e-43a8-a36a-575226b6e8ed

there is this text:

Verified on the following platforms

Windows Server 2012 No

Windows Server 2008 R2 No

Windows Server 2008 No

Windows Server 2003 Yes

Windows 8 No

Windows 7 No

Windows Vista No

Windows XP Yes

Windows 2000 No

which may also be "wrong", but it is possibly a hint that the referenced page is actually "right" :whistle:

And, JFYI:

http://sqlblog.com/blogs/aaron_bertrand/archive/2011/03/13/ot-windows-activation-en-masse.aspx

Whenever I do anything with this number of machines, I assume there's an easy way to do it in PowerShell. My searching throughout the 'toobz led to many promising scripts; unfortunately, most dealt with the old WMI class used prior to Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2: Win32_WindowsProductActivation. In the latest versions of the operating system, trying to utilize this class leads to generic "Invalid Class" errors; the methods and properties associated with this class have been split out into two new classes: SoftwareLicensingProduct and SoftwareLicensingService (did I mention I'm really glad they're moving away from the Win32_ prefix?).

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz

I'll accept at least part of the blame for getting Win7 "involved" in this thread when it would seem the script is supposed to be used on an XP system to change the XP product key.

I don't have an XP system to use for testing, but I figured that I could at least see if the logic used in the OP VBS seemed to function. So I tried it in my Win7 system, specified that I was using Win7 in my test, and specified that I cancelled the script without executing the Key Changer portion, but it did seem to bring it up appropriately once I added the "missing" last line of the script. I did this test since the original complaint was that he couldn't seem to get past the Admin rights check portion. I reported that I could so I didn't understand why the problem was occurring.

If my testing methods confused the issue I apologize.

EDIT: Thanks to jaclaz for finding the following:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095159/quotes?item=qt0320188

I do, I offer a complete and utter retraction. The imputation was totally without basis in fact, and was in no way fair comment, and was motivated purely by malice, and I deeply regret any distress that my comments may have caused you, or your family, and I hereby undertake not to repeat any such slander at any time in the future.

Cheers and Regards

Edited by bphlpt

If my testing methods confused the issue I apologize.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095159/quotes?item=qt0320188

I do, I offer a complete and utter retraction. The imputation was totally without basis in fact, and was in no way fair comment, and was motivated purely by malice, and I deeply regret any distress that my comments may have caused you, or your family, and I hereby undertake not to repeat any such slander at any time in the future.

Hmmm :unsure:, I wonder where exactly you found that link and quote ;).

:lol:

jaclaz

1:\ Thanks to Jaclaz for pointing the correct WMI object

2:\ Tested this on Windows 7 as admin and as User, works I had to supply the admin stuff threw UAC GUI, with no errors.

3:\ Tested this same way on Windows Vista no errors.

RunAsKeyChanger.vbs

'-> Script By Gunsmokingman AKA Jake1Eye'->   This Script And Or Any Code Is The Property Of Gunsmokingman Or'->  Jake1Eye, Except Where Acknowledgement Comments Exists for Code'->  Written By Other Coders.'->   If Any Part Of This Code Is Used In Other Coding Project, There'->  Must Be An Acknowledgement Comments To The Original Coder Must Be '->  Included In Any Other Coding Project.'-> Objects For Runtime Dim Wmi :Set Wmi = GetObject("winmgmts:\\.\root\cimv2")'-> Varible For RunTime Dim A, Obj, R'-> Original Link To Script At StackOverFlow'-> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18504036/is-is-possible-to-have-run-as-prompt-for-vbscript'-> Script Modified By Gunsmokingman Aka Jake1eye    Set reg = GetObject("winmgmts://./root/default:StdRegProv")   rc = reg.GetStringValue(&h80000003, "S-1-5-19\Environment", "TEMP", val)  If rc = 5 Then'-> return code 5 == access denied, re-launch script only when it was run without arguments, '-> so we don't goin circles when admin privileges can't be acquired  If WScript.Arguments.Count = 0 Then'-> re-launch as administrator; the additional argument is a guard to make'-> sure the script is re-launched only once   CreateObject("Shell.Application").ShellExecute "wscript.exe" _    , Chr(34) & WScript.ScriptFullName & Chr(34) & " relaunch", "", "runas", 1   WScript.Quit 0  Else   Msgbox "Cannot acquire admin privileges.",4128,"Admin Access denied"   WScript.Quit 1  End If  Else'-> Code Here To Run Elevated   Input()   ConfirmChange(A)  End If'-> Function To Get The New Replace Key   Function Input()     Input=InputBox( _     "Type In The New Key In This Format 12345-54321-12345-ABCDE-1A2B3.")     If Len(Input) = 29 Then A = Input     If Not Len(Input) = 29 Then         If MsgBox( _      "Does Not Appear To Have 29 Characters : " & Len(Input) & vbCrLf & _      "Would You Like To Redo Your Input, Yes To Redo," & vbCrLf & _      "No To Exit And Do Nothing?",4132,"Redo Or Quit") = 6 Then      Input()                Else           WScript.Quit      End If     End If    End Function    '-> Confirm The Changes   Function ConfirmChange(K)    Dim Os    If MsgBox( _     "Did you want to continue with changing the OS Product Key?" & vbCrLf & _     "Yes to continue and change the OS Product Key, No to exit" & vbCrLf & _     "and make no changes to the OS Product Key",4132,"Continue Or Stop") = 6 Then     For Each Obj In Wmi.ExecQuery("SELECT * FROM win32_OperatingSystem")       Os = Obj.Caption      Next            If InStr(1,Os,"XP",1) Then OsX(Replace(K,"-",""))       If InStr(1,Os,"7",1) Or InStr(1,Os,"Vista",1)Then V7(K)    Else          WScript.Quit          End If      End Function '-> Original Link To Script At PasteBin'-> http://pastebin.com/Wp5cCsHk'-> Script Modified By Gunsmokingman Aka Jake1eye'-> For XP   Function OsX(K)    On Error Resume Next     For Each Obj In Wmi.ExecQuery("SELECT * FROM win32_WindowsProductActivation")      R = Obj.SetProductKey(K)      If Err = 0 Then MsgBox "Key Has Been Change",4128,"Success"      If Err <> 0 Then MsgBox "An Error entering the new OS Product Key" & vbCrLf & _      "Key Enter : " & K & vbCrLf & "Verify that this is the correct or valid" & vbCrLf & _      "OS Product Key",4128,"Key Error"     Next      End Function'-> Tested On Win 7 And Vista   Function V7(K)    For Each Obj In Wmi.ExecQuery("SELECT * FROM SoftwareLicensingService")           R = Obj.InstallProductKey(K)     If Err = 0 Then MsgBox "Key Has Been Change",4128,"Success"     If Err <> 0 Then MsgBox "An Error entering the new OS Product Key" & vbCrLf & _      "Key Enter : " & K & vbCrLf & "Verify that this is the correct or valid" & vbCrLf & _      "OS Product Key",4128,"Key Error"    Next    End Function      
Rename RunAsKeyChanger.vbs.txt to RunAsKeyChanger.vbs to make active

RunAsKeyChanger.vbs.txt

gunsmokingman, i test your script on Windows XP and it is working without any problems. :thumbup

Adding this 2 scripts together looks more complicated than i expected it to be. :wacko:

Edited by Jeffery