Get Windows XP x86 to recognize more than 4Gb with PAE?

AnX

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

I guess I'm a little late to this party, but I am trying to get Windows XP Pro 32-bit SP3 running w/o memory limitation on a Toshiba L50t-A-145 (Core i5 4th gen, 8GB RAM). After installing base XP SP3, I installed device drivers (mainly using DriverBooster 3.3) and then applied the Chinese XP64G 2.1 patch.  Initially I thought it had worked really well, but then I found that (a) I have completely lost hibernation functionality, and (b) the laptop won't come out of Standby (it tries to, but doesn't get anywhere and I just have to power off). I'm guessing this is a problem with the Intel display driver (Device Manager says "Intel Haswell HD Graphics - GT2", driver version 6.14.10.5441 dated 10/03/2013,  - igxpmp32.sys is the main file).  Being a laptop, this is quite important functionality.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Dibya: Does your product include a standalone patcher like the Chinese XP64G 2.1 patch utility, or is it just designed to be slipstreamed into the Win XP installer?

Thanks for any help,

3g

1 hour ago, 3guesses said:

Hi all,

I guess I'm a little late to this party, but I am trying to get Windows XP Pro 32-bit SP3 running w/o memory limitation on a Toshiba L50t-A-145 (Core i5 4th gen, 8GB RAM). After installing base XP SP3, I installed device drivers (mainly using DriverBooster 3.3) and then applied the Chinese XP64G 2.1 patch.  Initially I thought it had worked really well, but then I found that (a) I have completely lost hibernation functionality, and (b) the laptop won't come out of Standby (it tries to, but doesn't get anywhere and I just have to power off). I'm guessing this is a problem with the Intel display driver (Device Manager says "Intel Haswell HD Graphics - GT2", driver version 6.14.10.5441 dated 10/03/2013,  - igxpmp32.sys is the main file).  Being a laptop, this is quite important functionality.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Dibya: Does your product include a standalone patcher like the Chinese XP64G 2.1 patch utility, or is it just designed to be slipstreamed into the Win XP installer?

Thanks for any help,

3g

Hi

I am updating the patch . Please wait for two weaks.

It need to be slipstreamed.

Feel free to contact me via PM

• 5 weeks later...

Hi everyone. I have a little problem. So I patched my kernel files with 2.1 Beta patch and replaced XP system files with those from windows 2003. Everything is fine, but when I'm trying to add /3G /USERVA switches to a boot.ini, I'm getting a PC restart before the login dialog appears. I think maybe it's about Pci controller. Any thoughts?

Edited by Login

21 hours ago, submix8c said:

Turn off Auto-Restart On Failure and tell us what you see.

D*mn, I forgot about that. :D

So I got BSOD & this message:

STOP : C000021a }

{...blahlbah (meaningless unicode symbols) ...  TDI  ...blahblahblah (meaningless unicode symbols)... And some RDR (MRxSmb) problems in Eventlog.

One more question: if everything works fine with USBhub & USBport.sys only, should I copy disk.sys, hidparse.sys and other libraries from windows 2003? I mean will it affect on system speed and such? Thanks!

Edited by Login

On 6/3/2016 at 8:21 PM, Login said:

D*mn, I forgot about that. :D

{...blahlbah (meaningless unicode symbols) ...  TDI  ...blahblahblah (meaningless unicode symbols)... And some RDR (MRxSmb) problems in Eventlog.

One more question: if everything works fine with USBhub & USBport.sys only, should I copy disk.sys, hidparse.sys and other libraries from windows 2003? I mean will it affect on system speed and such? Thanks!

No! Both XP and 2k3 are almost same system.

On 6/3/2016 at 10:51 AM, Login said:

Huh??? "meaningless unicode"??? Do you have English with MUI installed? Have you "swapped" a Non-English file into an English Install.

Sorry, but that makes no sense! You'll have to provide more info than "I blew up. Now I made it "STOP" to see the message." Exactly WHAT do you have installed and WHAT have you fiddled with (swapped or whatever)?

BTW - read this through. Claims (in the end) it was a hardware error.

https://www.windowsbbs.com/threads/blue-screen-of-death-stop-c000021a.49053/

Hmmm - you applied the patch you indicate here?

Edited by submix8c

You'll have to provide more info than "I blew up. Now I made it "STOP" to see the message."

Screw it. I'll just remove that 3G switch from my boot.ini. They say it's useless.

Hmmm - you applied the patch you indicate here?

Chinese beta patch v2.1 (kernel patch only + any combination of those sys files from Windows 2003). Now I'll test the original XP libraries + patched core.

15 hours ago, Dibya said:

No! Both XP and 2k3 are almost same system.

Thanks. Also, everything works fine with my original USBhub & USBport.sys, at least for the time being. Waiting for BSOD. :ph34r:

Edited by Login

5 hours ago, Login said:

Screw it. I'll just remove that 3G switch from my boot.ini. They say it's useless.

Chinese beta patch v2.1 (kernel patch only + any combination of those sys files from Windows 2003). Now I'll test the original XP libraries + patched core.

Thanks. Also, everything works fine with my original USBhub & USBport.sys, at least for the time being. Waiting for BSOD. :ph34r:

Fix128 Guys mistaken to write something.

Compare HAL Files it is far more than different than Chinese 64G

PatchPAE3.EXE unlock hal upto 128Gb.

open CMD , Extract Fix 128 Exe file with 7zip and open cmd and drag drop Patchpae3 from utility folder and read it.

Actually Kernel is patched to allow /PAE Switch which is blocked since SP2 by MS

and HAL is patched to unllock dMA State.