Windows 8.1 update (Start Menu)

epic

Ok, so Microsoft finally got their head out of their asses and woke up, half way. It seems that Microsoft is finally introducing the classic Start Menu back into Winodows, which is a huge plus for Windows 8.1, AND providing the consumer the ability to run modern apps in a WINDOWED setting. However... Microsoft is failing to provide information about what the "ALL APPS" (ie: Programs, All Programs) link directs the consumers of Winodws 8.1 to. Does the "all apps" link push the consumer back to the poorly coded, annoying, and hated "modern start menu" and fill up the entire display, or does it tile and list all apps, WITHIN the Start Menu, as in previous versions of Windows?

I guess we'll see what the "all apps" link is all about, unless others have more information about this update.

they always seem to invent crap

then revert back to original which was good :whistle:

what does that tell about company that spends millions $$$ for user experience program :zzz:

(give me that money, I'll spend it wisely :lol: )

Edited by vinifera

IMHO, everything they did with Windows 8 is ALL CRAP except its ability to boot fast and increased security. When they try to "improve" anything, they end making a million mistakes which end up in loss of features.

Edited by xpclient

everything they did with Windows 8 is ALL CRAP

Self-evident. :yes:

to boot fast

Measurable and tested. :yes:

and increased security.

NOT measurable, still entirely to be proved/tested. :no:

jaclaz

I don't agree that Windows 8 is crap, they have their problems but we shouldn't be so negative, if it is really crap then why do we use it? Anyway the lack of Start Menu is indeed the most serious of its problems - of course there are some solutions for it available (I personally use Start Menu X by OrdinarySoft) - and it is good that Microsoft eventually heard the opinion of their customers on this issue.

and less stable than 7 or vista.

NOT measurable, still entirely to be proved/tested. :no:

jaclaz

For me I found it very unstable when trying to put a dvd in. Now I know that could be a driver issue, but

A.) I trust my dad with having proper and up to date drivers for he is very tech shabby .

B.) Never had the issue with windows 7 or vista when 7/vista was on that pc.

C.) I'm not messing with my dads work computer's setup.

Edited by Flasche

I don't agree that Windows 8 is crap, they have their problems but we shouldn't be so negative

the **** thing has spyware written all over itself

metro was just another excuse to integrate IE even deeper into OS that is necessary

if it is really crap then why do we use it?

who is "we" ?