Integrating XP SP2 RC1 Preview with XPCREATE HELP!

hajj_3

i want to know where i need to put the service pack 2.exe file and my registry tweaks and other proggies.

on the page below it says what to put in which directories, but not where, does this xpcreate program create the folders and we just put the files in, should i create the folders in the XPCD folder on my c: or should i put the folders where i extracted xpcreate from.:

http://greenmachine.msfnhosting.com/XPCREATE/directories.htm

hope someone can help!

if you extracted the XPCreate archive with FULL PATHS the directories should be been made automatically.

If not, just run XPCreate, and let it error out (don't put the XP CD in). The directories should be created now.

Or you could create the directories beforehand in the XPCreate directory and then run XPCreate normally.

Directories should be in the same directory as XPCREATE.CMD whereever you put it.

refer to here for some quick steps:

http://greenmachine.msfnhosting.com/XPCREATE/quickstart.htm

ServicePack2 would go in the same directory to replace ServicePack1.

XPCreate no longer supports autoadding regtweaks, so you have to do that using another method. As for programs, if they DON'T require ANY switches, they go in SVC-EXE. If they are hotfixes, you shouldn't have to install them since you're isntalling SP2. For programs refer to unattended.msfn.org

As the man said, XPCREATE is designed to take care of MS hotfixes and updates. You are on your own for the other programs and reg tweaks. Judging from your first question, it looks like you have not even "installed" the downloaded package yet ... The directories are there, The directory creation feature seems to have been a casualty of the revamped version.

thanks, after many our of reading this site and links to other i think i have managed to create an XP SP2 RC1 integrated cd (617mb) using the guide on hardwaregeeks or something, using dos to extract sp2 and xp cd, then typing in command to slipstream it.

will test this, then will keep on with my conquest to make it unattended with some other proggies on it.

as with many other posts, the xp-create site is VERY confusing and rather vague, maybe you guys and some of the other veterans here could chip in to make it easier for novices.

cheers

... maybe you guys and some of the other veterans here could chip in to make it easier for novices. ...

Sorry, it's a one man show ...

On the other hand, all you really needed to do was unzip the archive, add SP2 to the SPACKS directory, change XPCREATE.INI to point to your CD drive with XP in it, and to your CD Burner with a blank CD in it, and double click on XPCREATE.CMD ...

It might not do too much, but what it does, it does error free. Haven't had what I would call a real bug in over a month. And we got XPLode for the rest.

I kinda liked the GUI (Green Ugly Interface), but seeing as "unattended" is the buzz word here, I thought I'd go the same route myself.

is it right to have a folder cmpnents on my xp sp2 rc1 integrated cd ? i dont remember that on my sp1 integrated cd.

it is on the root of my cd,it contains folders the folders: netfix, mediactr and tabletpc, along with the existing docs, i386, support and value add.

so if i create an unattended cd from this integrated cd and turn off install msn explorer and messnger 4.7 can i delete the executables, ifso which folder are they in on the integrated cd, i dont want msn ecplorer and i want msn 6.1 instead of windows messenger.

Yep, all them directories are par for the course.

As for pulling out components from the resuilting ISO, you will do much better of in the Unattended Forum for information. Particularly jdeboeck's scripts, which he either has, or will be, updating for SP2.

Once you go that route, you're on your own: I have had my fill of debugging for a while ...