Folder name capitalization change

dasced

The folder 'Program Files' and everything under it is in lowercase (program files) after installing nlited winxp in virtualbox. Why? Is there a way to make nlite (or virtualbox) respect original capitalization?

Cannot say, from the good ol' times I have always had it to "1".

Check in a command prompt, if also in there something like a DIR C:\P* also gives them in lower case, it should mean that the folder(s) are actually named that way.

Of course Virtualbox is "innocent" in that, but it is well possible that some settings in nlite creates that, cannot really say :unsure:

jaclaz

Please attach (not paste) your last session.ini file and state what's physically written on your original CD. And please don't swear.

Edited by Ponch

Everything under 'Program Files' is filed in the file system in lowercase, it is 'program files' in DIR console output or Windows Explorer properties window.

Nobody gives a d**n about it or am I the only one with the issue?

Ponch: I will have to repeat the process to reproduce last session.ini. My original CD is retail Windows XP Pro SP1 and the only thing I did was adding SP3, if that's your question.

Edited by dasced

Nobody gives a d**n about it or am I the only one with the issue?

I've not seen this situation before, especially if, as you imply, that it is only for the 'Program Files' directory. And from the responses so far, it seems no one else is familiar with it either. It seems extremely likely that it was something you did. So without seeing your last session.ini file we don't have any way to even try to guess what caused it.

Cheers and Regards

Edited by bphlpt

I found the cause. I lied I only included SP3. I removed all the useless componenets causing installer not to create 'Program Files' folder at all. However, winxp miraculously creates 'program files' folder populating it with a collection of empty folders, all in lowercase.

I found the cause. I lied I only included SP3. I removed all the useless componenets causing installer not to create 'Program Files' folder at all. However, winxp miraculously creates 'program files' folder populating it with a collection of empty folders, all in lowercase.

Good, I guess issue is solved. :)

everybody-lies.jpg

:lol:

jaclaz