3rd party screensavers and Vista x64

ppgrainbow

Hello again! I installed one of my favourite analog clock screen savers, Analog Clock-7 from Style 7 on Windows Vista Ultimate x64 and when it was first installed, it appeared on the screensaver list, ready to activate in 15 minutes.

However, when I right click on the desktop screen by clicking Personalize > Screen Saver in the Control Panel, the screen saver is set to (None) and Analog Clock-7 does not appear on the screen saver list.

Analog Clock-7.scr can be found in the \System32\ and \SysWOW64\ subdirectories. When I right click on Install, the Analog Clock-7 screen saver pops up once and that's it and then it disappears again when I access the screen saver feature in the Control Panel, although the screen saver does run when when I right click Test or Configure on the Analog Clock-7.scr file.

Is there any way to fix this issue of 3rd party screensavers not showing up on my 64-bit Vista installation? :(

Update: I solved my problem by moving Analog Clock-7.scr from the \System32 and \SysWOW64\ sub-directories to the main C:\Windows directory as a workaround under a 64-bit operating system. I expect that this workaround to work in other 64-bit Windows operating systems. :)

Did anyone have any problems getting 3rd party screensavers working under 64-bit Vista? If so, please let me know.

Edited by ppgrainbow