Textsetup won't accept nlite-DVD

whocares02

"version.data" may be unrelated to the XP and -may- be related to the Third Part Add-Ons (you never said what) maybe WinRAR?

Curiosity - was this message issued DURING Text Mode? You were unclear on that. The reason I said it -may- be related to the OEM XP is becuase I believe I -may- have a Compaq (?) CD somewhere that has that file on it :unsure: but don't remember that it was actually referenced or a clean install. WHAT is the brand of Notebook (you also never said, any more than providing a Directory Listing of the CD)?

You might try inspected the XP CD for that file and if not there then the individual Add-Ons (before you created them).

Doesn't make sense...

edit - AHHH! "version.dat" -could- be on a Recovery CD Set (additional software?). Which could explain a lot. That "Directory Listing" of your CD would sure help isolate errors. After all, no "secret info" would be revealed.

Edited by submix8c

Curiosity - was this message issued DURING Text Mode? You were unclear on that.

Yes, it occurred during text-mode-setup. I didn't mention the brand of my notebook because you don't know it for sure. It's a no-name-label from a supermarket-chain.

Propably version.dat is somewhere in a compressed archive. I can't find the file on the original CD, using windows-search. Never mind, I have enough trouble now, fixing all failed silent-installations during setup. Seems AddonMaker can't process files with spaces in names. This along with other things makes me pretty uninterested tracking down the missing-version.dat-problem. Maybe I just need to copy the CD again (this time with explorer) to get rid of the warning.

Anyway, thanks a lot for help.

I didn't mention the brand of my notebook because you don't know it for sure. It's a no-name-label from a supermarket-chain.

It doesn't matter whether we know the brand or not. If you told us the brand and model number then we at least have a chance of being able to look up the info using sources you might not be aware of. It's truly amazing what you can find online these days. Anytime you want any information, the more information you can provide about the hardware, software, problem, or whatever, the better chance you stand at getting the answer you need quickly. The more you hold back, the more likely that folks will get frustrated and give up and you'll go away empty handed.

Cheers and Regards

Did you ever try to use winrar for silent setups? I tried making a self-executable which is called with the /s2 switch. This call is made by the nlite-addon-maker which creates a .cab-package to be included by nlite.

My problem: Winrar doesn't use the %temp%-variable for some reason. The files get extracted to c:\Program Files\%temp%\ during unattended-setup. When I run the sfx-archive manually on my computer, everything works fine. Winrar is using the correct Temp-directory. Not so during XP-setup.

@Submix: In case you are still curious: version.dat was part of a printer-driver, I included. EPSON Artisan730_PX730_TX730\oem39.inf was pointing to a file called version.dat. The file actually resided in the same folder. So I don't know why it wasn't found. Anyway, I just removed the driver an everythin is allright now. It seems I have another inf-file integrated (from some different folder) for the same printer. Maybe this did cause the confusion: Two drivers for the same device.