Enhanced Video Renderer

loblo

Download DotNet3 somewhere from Microsoft and then with 7-Zip extract wpf.msi from dotnetfx3.exe (in wcu\WPF\) and then extract Dxva2_X86.dll and Evr_X86.dll from wpf.msi. Rename to evr.dll and dxva2.dll and copy to system folder. Register evr.dll (regsvr32 evr.dll) and you'll be able to use it in media players that support it such as PotPlayer, KMPlayer or Zoom Player.

Requirements: KernelEx and KexStub with the following definitions (some already included by default):

[Advapi32.dll]
GetTraceEnableFlags=
GetTraceEnableLevel=
GetTraceLoggerHandle=t1e
RegisterTraceGuidsW=f8
TraceEvent=f3
UnregisterTraceGuids=f2

[NTDLL.DLL]
RtlInitUnicodeString=>Kstub822:IAS

Are there any special CPU/GPU or other hardware requirements?

Suggested API definitions to try (and what also needs them):

>[Advapi32.dll]

>GetTraceEnableFlags=

GetTraceEnableFlags=z1 ;Chrome.dll

>GetTraceEnableLevel=

GetTraceEnableLevel=z1 ;Chrome.dll

>GetTraceLoggerHandle=t1e

GetTraceLoggerHandle=z1e0

>RegisterTraceGuidsW=f8

RegisterTraceGuidsW=z8 ;Chrome.dll

>TraceEvent=f3

TraceEvent=z2 ;IE7

>UnregisterTraceGuids=f2

UnregisterTraceGuids=z1 ;Chrome.dll

>[NTDLL.DLL]

>RtlInitUnicodeString=>Kstub822:IAS

RtlInitAnsiString=>Kstub822:IAS

RtlInitUnicodeString=>Kstub822:IUS

Note: 'f' and 'z' are functionally the same, but I use 'z' for ERROR_SUCCESS instead of 'f' which looks like "fail"

Not sure about hardware requirements jumper, I am using an AMD64 SSE3 CPU and and an nVidia serie 7 GPU, would be interesting to know what MiKl's using.

Of course DXVA2 video decoding acceleration most likely won't be working on any 9x system as I am not aware of the existence of 9x drivers for GPUs that support it.

And thanks for the more correct definitions (still have to try them though).

Hi Loblo and Jumper !

System 1: Intel P4 (SSE3), ICH5, Nvidia GeForce 6600. But only EVR is working. Both EVR CP and EVR Snyc. crashes MediaPlayerClassic Home-Cinema (1.5.0.2827) ---> After deinstalling MPC-HC and installing 1.5.1.2903 EVR CP is working ! EVR Sync, crashed the whole OS right now.

System 2: AMD Athlon 2400+, VIA KT400A, Nvidia GeForce 6200. Here both EVR and EVR CP work but only with MPC-HC 1.5.0.2827 !! 1.5.1.2903 crashes the OS.

@ Jumper. Unfortunately I did not find evr.dll 6.0.6001.17014. Could you please upload it ?

Edited by MiKl

I searched for and was able to find Dxva2_x86.dll :

+ 5.00 (vista_rtm_wcp.061020-1904)

+ 6.0.6001.17014 (lh_tools_devdiv_wpf.071009-1043)

+ 6.0.6002.18084 (vistasp2_gdr.090806-2338)

and Evr_X86.dll:

+ 5.00 (vista_rtm_wcp.061020-1904)

+ 6.0.6001.17014 (lh_tools_devdiv_wpf.071009-1043)

Without needing to add any new Kexstubs definitions, I can load all three versions of Dxva2_x86.dll in any KernelEx compatibility mode. The two Evr_X86.dll versions both load in all 9x modes, but call NtOpenFile (no functioning definition yet) in all NT modes.

Looks like evr.dll should then be set to specific compatibility mode: Default mode as to never inherit NT modes eventually set on executables using it.

Mikl, Evr 6.0.6001.17014 can be found in the DotNet 3.5 SP1 installer.

@ Loblo & Jumper, could you look into fully registering d3dx9_43.dll ? Or is it maybe possible to install directx 9.29 ? Thx, MiKl

Edited by MiKl

Mikl, I have tried EVR with MPC-HC (1.5.1.2903) which I hadn't done before and it's working fine here with EVR and EVR-CP. With EVR-Sync however Windows crashes as soon as a video is loaded and playback starts.

Of all the players I am using MPC_HC is the only one to offer EVR-Sync as a choice of renderer so I can't test that in another player. What is this rendering mode about anyway? I could not find any information about it.

And what's wrong with d3dx9_43.dll?

I think EVR-Sync offers more options to adjust the frame rates of the source material and the monitor !!

When I start mpc-hc on my system it always complains that the directX from June 2010 is not installed. So I downloaded it but after changing the comp-mode of the setup.exe and the setup.dlls to winXP it still does not install because some cabs are considered trustunworthy, or something like that.

So I thought about your method to individually install the dll's in question. I opened the d3dx9_43 cab and within there is an inf for 'Chicago' but the are no entries for Win98SE or ME in it.

Maybe you have an idea how to get these files installed ?