is there anyway i can stop spam from calling, emailing

krt47

hi there, i was cursest about is...i had people call my house for money or scam, the people here don't want them calling here ever. i didn't know anything about tracking me. untill a month ago. so i;ve put the no tracking on for web sites on firefox. now from my old email address by which i can't access because that has been hacked. now i have this problem to deal with. is there any way i can put other there that i don't want to be called from spammer or emailed?

Contact the person/persons responsible for the email accounts in question and explain the situation. Hopefully, once you prove you are you they can take care of it. Any private info in it well, it's too late the hackers got it.

Nothing can be done about phone calls except put your/their # on a "don't call" list (no guarantee it fully will work).

I have no clue what you're talking about when you say "put the no tracking on for web sites on firefox". That's a new one for me. You mean COOKIES?

Edited by submix8c

Contact the person/persons responsible for the email accounts in question and explain the situation. Hopefully, once you prove you are you they can take care of it. Any private info in it well, it's too late the hackers got it.

Nothing can be done about phone calls except put your/their # on a "don't call" list (no guarantee it fully will work).

I have no clue what you're talking about when you say "put the no tracking on for web sites on firefox". That's a new one for me. You mean COOKIES?

Maybe, but I think the thing he wants is Ghostery (firefox/seamonkey app). It blocks scripts that track you. here are the settings for mine on SeaMonkey

Ghost.bmp

Edited by Flasche

Errr - unless you have one of those el-cheapo K-Mart "minutes" phones that TXT you to buy things. That's telemarketer "spam" that you have to manually delete without reading - if you read it, you pay the $ for TXT service (per TXT). We just delete them indiscriminately, so if anyone knows our cell phone #, SPEAK, because we don't TXT. ;) On our landline, we just ignore any # we don't know unless you SPEAK or leave the message. :yes: The V.A. Hospitals are "real good" about passing that info out (it's in the release form).

The OP has the best advice IMO that can be given. (use the link Trip gave that I didn't supply - Thx, Trip)

Errr - unless you have one of those el-cheapo K-Mart "minutes" phones that TXT you to buy things. That's telemarketer "spam" that you have to manually delete without reading - if you read it, you pay the $ for TXT service (per TXT). We just delete them indiscriminately, so if anyone knows our cell phone #, SPEAK, because we don't TXT. ;) On our landline, we just ignore any # we don't know unless you SPEAK or leave the message. :yes: The V.A. Hospitals are "real good" about passing that info out (it's in the release form).

The OP has the best advice IMO that can be given. (use the link Trip gave that I didn't supply - Thx, Trip)

only if i had site or link to sites to stop scamers to stop calling here. is there a web site?

I use google talk on my cell. Which has free calls in the us and canada. (Still paying for phone service unlease you use wifi) I like it since it gives me an option when certain people call me to give them a fake this phone is # is not valid, or does not exist. Never used it, except to annoy some friends...

I don't get it... :blink:

only if i had site or link to sites to stop scamers to stop calling here. is there a web site?

Web Sites have nothing to do with Spam Callers. GO TO THAT FCC LINK GIVEN and get your phone number on the no-call list. What are you talking about? A Web-Enabled SMART PHONE? Did you install some sort of P.O.S. "APP"? If so, you should uninstall it!

Sounds like you brought this on yourself, kind of like clicking on a trojan-laden website while looking for warez or pr0n. :unsure:

Again, you have your answers (INCLUDING the "hacked" email, which I spoke about) and there's nothing more to it, AFAIK.