Can an acer aspire one aoa150 run windows Me

Flasche

I know :), only preventive action :yes:.

jaclaz

Sadly I cant blame you. In today's society having an opinion or the TRUTH gets you flamed and your rep destroyed :ph34r: . I don't know how but you my dear sir are a walking talking encyclopedia of information. I envy your knowledge :realmad: .

Since this link showed up twice I'm guessing this is the link I should look at, and look at it shall I.

Edited by Flasche

• 4 weeks later...

BUMP

I've installed windows Me onto the netbook, but can only boot into it with safe mood :huh: . I dont get a blue screen of death, but if I try to do a normal boot it just forever loads on the Logo screen.

BUMP

I've installed windows Me onto the netbook, but can only boot into it with safe mood :huh: . I dont get a blue screen of death, but if I try to do a normal boot it just forever loads on the Logo screen.

You probably need my SATA Patch.

Try Booting with Logging enabled. Then Boot to DOS and read the BOOTLOG.TXT. If it is very short, read BOOTLOG.PRV. If it ends at Loading ESDI_506.PDR, you need the Patch.

You probably need my SATA Patch.

Try Booting with Logging enabled. Then Boot to DOS and read the BOOTLOG.TXT. If it is very short, read BOOTLOG.PRV. If it ends at Loading ESDI_506.PDR, you need the Patch.

Alright this time I chose logged boot (\BOOTLOG.TXT) instead of safe mode and got Blue screen of death message.

File Name: acpi(02) + 00001409 Error: 0E : 0028 : FF03B779

Edited by Flasche

Fully remove ACPI. While "setup /p i" is only useful in a reinstall, my instructions are for removing ACPI from an already installed system.

Yeah, but now you've hit jackpot! :yes:

Install once more using the "setup /p i" (KB186111) and then use my instructions to remove APM (this post and a few following it) too, if that's not enough. But do read both references I've given here before proceeding. It's been a long time since I've seen boards giving problems with ACPI, but they sure are part of the 9x-specific issues (one not partaken by -- or not as serious in -- Win ME).

But do add Xeno86's patched VCache.VxD to the C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\VMM32 folder before the 1st reboot. You actually need it, despite the fact the problems it solves are not the one you were struggling with, after all.

Of course I am. "It didn't work" doesn't work... what did you do and what didn't work? Of course LLXX's patched files work!

But before you go into that, neither the BIOS does recognize the right size of the HDD, isn't it so?

Now, that's not good. You need either an official updated BIOS that is able to recognize the HDD, or a modded BIOS, or else a DDE. Rloew has a DDE, but it's not for free.

The BIOS needs to recognize your boot disk right, or you're dealing with an unstable system, and that's an inviable task.

Of course I am. "It didn't work" doesn't work... what did you do and what didn't work? Of course LLXX's patched files work!

But before you go into that, neither the BIOS does recognize the right size of the HDD, isn't it so?

Now, that's not good. You need an officil updated BIOS that is able to recognize the HDD, or a modded BIOS, or a DDE.

Else you're dealing with an unstable system, and that's inviable.

no the bios recognized the correct size, and so does Me to a point.(149/160) The LLXX's patched files may be just be an issue with me (not the os but me) for when I tried it on my Main Me computer it did not work either.

It does work. It's time-proven. You must be installing it wrongly in some way.
How are you installing the patched ESDI_506.PDR?

I'm keeping at it because, with all due respect, it's not optative.

It's the same world, and this world is controlled by physics, not magic, so:

If it works for me, it must work for you.

What happens where I am, happens the same way where you are.

Unless we're doing different procedures, because different procedures can yield different results.

Then again, the same procedure must cause the same results.

The 149GB report is not an issue. 160GB = 149GiB. Some BIOSes report GB, some report GiB without making it clear which

The LLXX Patches do not support SATA, only large hard drives.

Resolve your ACPI Problems and retry the BOOTLOG.TXT test.

SATA? Are you sure? The Acer Aspire One AOA150 is based on a ICH7-M, for sure, so it might have a SATA150 or a Ultra-DMA 133 or 100 HDD. The early Asus EeePCs all came with PATA from factory...

Hmmm....

AFAICR :unsure: isn't there a limitation of partition size, regardless of size of HDD with the patches?

I'm referring to the "wrap-around" problem we encountered with the 98SE stuff (I had "participated" in that topic).