[Solved] Default Browser Problem

Wijono

I set IE8 as my default browser in my WinXP Home SP3.
I also installed Firefox 27.0.1.
All programs will open IE8 as default browser when they need to access internet, such as checking the updates, except one program Auslogics Disk Defrag that opens Firefox when checking the updates, even though Firefox is not the default browser.
Any enlightenment for that weird behavior will be highly appreciated.

Sure. It seems to be a bug on Auslogics Disk Defrag. Or it may be "by design"...

The best way to find out is to ask their support, by following the link in the quoted text below:

If you haven't found the answers you are looking for, please fill out this contact form with your question and we will reply to you shortly.

Thanks for the response.
I should have mentioned earlier that this behavior only takes place on my desktop. On my laptop Auslogics Disk Defrag opens IE8 when checking the updates.
I also have tried to uninstall Firefox in my desktop; in that case Auslogics Disk Defrag opens IE8. But then when I reinstalled Firefox, Auslogics revert to open Firefox again.
So I was thinking that something is wrong with the WinXP in my desktop. Am I wrong? Any help will be highly appreciated.

I happen to find out the cause of this strange behavior, it is the following Registry entry that is existing in the desktop, but not in the laptop:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Auslogics\DiskDefrag\4.x\Settings]
"General.DefWebBrowser"="C:\\Program Files\\Mozilla Firefox\\firefox.exe"

After deleting that entry Auslogics Disk Defrag behaves normally, i.e., it opens the default browser IE8 when checking the updates.
What is causing the existence of that entry remains a puzzle though.