How big is windows 7 before installation

Yes, but I have no idea what these "Media refresh" versions are. :huh:

I have found it's better to extract the folders from the iso, save that in another folder, make copies to use with RT7 since it's faster when you have the program mount the O/S.

Yes. Those are all English. Look here for other languages -

http://www.heidoc.net/joomla/technology-science/microsoft/14-windows-7

Apparently, the Editions you do -not-want will need to be stripped out, since -all- versions are stored inside the INSTALL.WIM, which is how you would "shrink" the WIM without losing any functionality for the Edition you want. I don't do that, but prefer to use the Full DVD of the intended necessary Edition (even if it has unwanted Editions on it).

Media Refresh includes KB2534111, otherwise SP1 and SP1u are exactly the same.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2534111

HTH

The sarcastic statements semeed perfectly plausible to me in the exponentially expanding Microsoft universe.

I used RT7 lite for Win7 SP1 Pro

my install DVD is 1.52 GB in size

What is the size on disk after installation (minus swap and hybernation files)? Does NT6 grow back to normal size again while in use, provided one doesn't apply Windows Updates? Serious question.

Yes. Those are all English. Look here for other languages -

http://www.heidoc.net/joomla/technology-science/microsoft/14-windows-7

Apparently, the Editions you do -not-want will need to be stripped out, since -all- versions are stored inside the INSTALL.WIM, which is how you would "shrink" the WIM without losing any functionality for the Edition you want. I don't do that, but prefer to use the Full DVD of the intended necessary Edition (even if it has unwanted Editions on it).

Media Refresh includes KB2534111, otherwise SP1 and SP1u are exactly the same.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2534111

HTH

seems not to be any ultimate version?

Um... SP1u - English, French, Spanish. Did you even look? What Language do you want? You never said - I simply explained the SP1 vs SP1u difference and gave an alternative (and more complete) link.

You ARE aware of the EI.CFG "trick" (remove and all versions are available, just like Vista)? Did you also miss this?

-all- versions are stored inside the INSTALL.WIM
;)

For Ultimate (what the requestor specified) it (language) remains the same. But thanx, maxXPsoft, for an additional link to SP1 (not SP1u, but it only means a single KB won't be included - usually no biggie).

Um... SP1u - English, French, Spanish. Did you even look? What Language do you want? You never said - I simply explained the SP1 vs SP1u difference and gave an alternative (and more complete) link.

You ARE aware of the EI.CFG "trick" (remove and all versions are available, just like Vista)? Did you also miss this?

-all- versions are stored inside the INSTALL.WIM
;)

Sorry... yes have looked off course...

maybe just misunderstod something.

ei.cfg :-) ? no whats that?

When I look at the link I find professional in all kind of language but no ultimate.

Do you mean that when downloading prof. ultimate is also in this?

I assume that language does'nt matter? You can always install language packs after?

But it's danish ultimate 32 and 64 bit i'm looking for.

Thanks for helping a amateur like me :-)

And maxxpsoft...thanks for direct link for someone like me :-)

Edited by koden

Use Google

"ei.cfg" "windows 7"
for info on that. This definitely works on ENU, not sure about Danish. Fact: My Professional OEM (Refurbish) has all Editions on it. There should be five "install_Windows 7 <EDITION-NAME>.clg" files in the same folder.

I don't want to go any further with this. I gave you the info and search terms. I leave it to you to check it out as I have no desire to download approx. 6gb(+/-) of two Danish Pro ISO's to check for you.

HTH and C-ya! ;)

Use Google

"ei.cfg" "windows 7"
for info on that. This definitely works on ENU, not sure about Danish. Fact: My Professional OEM (Refurbish) has all Editions on it. There should be five "install_Windows 7 <EDITION-NAME>.clg" files in the same folder.

I don't want to go any further with this. I gave you the info and search terms. I leave it to you to check it out as I have no desire to download approx. 6gb(+/-) of two Danish Pro ISO's to check for you.

HTH and C-ya! ;)

thanks.. will do.