Linux Mint Cinnamon

Also, I think I might attempt (now I know this might be a dirty work in a Microsoft-based froum but here goes)

eComstation ... lol

Seriously though, it apparently supports a Dell D610 (even the wifi - at least that's what I gather) and there's an updated Firefox for it (I wish Seamonkey were a possibility). Nonetheless, I loved OS/2 so I'm hopeful it it will work in my tests.

Edited by JodyThornton

Also, I think I might attempt (now I know this might be a dirty work in a Microsoft-based froum but here goes)

eComstation ... lol

Seriously though, it apparently supports a Dell D610 (even the wifi - at least that's what I gather) and there's an updated Firefox for it (I wish Seamonkey were a possibility). Nonetheless, I loved OS/2 so I'm hopeful it it will work in my tests.

You can always download the .taz file from SeaMonkey's download site for Linux. You don't have to use the distro's downloader.

You can always download the .taz file from SeaMonkey's download site for Linux. You don't have to use the distro's downloader.

Yeah but eComstation isn't an xNix based OS. Its roots bear a closer relationship with Windows NT. So there would either need to be a native OS/2 build of Seamonkey, or else Odin (think of Odin as Wine for OS/2) needs to work well enough to allow running the Win32 version.

That is awesome. Is that with Compiz-Fusion installed/enabled?

No, just Faenza theme

That information panel/clock you have on the right of your desktop is very handy. Does it show/hide on mouseover?

No, he stay there permanently. You can see if you mimize ale opened window.

That panel is a conky

Edited by condor

Yeah but eComstation isn't an xNix based OS. Its roots bear a closer relationship with Windows NT. So there would either need to be a native OS/2 build of Seamonkey, or else Odin (think of Odin as Wine for OS/2) needs to work well enough to allow running the Win32 version.

Wow I did not even know that warp still existed till this day!! How much is this OS Jody?

• 1 year later...