Solutions for MS e-mail VS Internet Explorer?

bizzybody

Went to a client's office today. She replaced a horrid old underpowered Dell XP box (circa 2005 with only 256 megs RAM she never would have upgraded) with a HP Win 7 Home Premium system with 6 gig RAM. For her business e-mail she uses what used to be Outlook.com and before that was MSN's e-mail.

It worked just fine with Firefox on XP but she wasn't happy with the browser for various reasons. Now on the newer computer the e-mail just flat out does not work in Internet Explorer 10. Logs in but from there it's all a wreck.

Might be able to get to Inbox, and sometimes it's possible to reply to an e-mail. Getting into other folders only works once in a while but only by right clicking then clicking open in a new tab. Most of the time there are the white dots running across the top. Also, IE is constantly claiming it has stopped working even though it's still loading sites and working as it should (except with the MS e-mail).

Complete, utter FAIL. I'd think that if any website should work 100% perfectly in the latest web browser from Microsoft, it should be a website from Microsoft.

So I installed Google Chrome, go to the e-mail and it's like 1960's Batman pounding the Joker, *BAM* *BIFF* *POW* the site is fast and smooth as can be. Not a glitch, not a problem, no delays, it's as if it's working with everything directly on the PC. (The office has very fast internet.)

Client is happy happy joy joy. :)

So color me confused. Why is MS+MS=FAIL on this and are there any known solutions to this issue? Or do we just wait for Microsoft to get around to making their own products work together? I know it's not a unique or even rare problem, a quick *ahem* Google or even Bing search shows it's very common, and also happened in the previous incarnation of MS's e-mail site.

Until Microsoft gets their act together, I'll just recommend Chrome to everyone having this issue. If they don't like Chrome, too bad, it's what works.

... Now on the newer computer the e-mail just flat out does not work in Internet Explorer 10. Logs in but from there it's all a wreck.

Complete, utter FAIL. I'd think that if any website should work 100% perfectly in the latest web browser from Microsoft, it should be a website from Microsoft.

Until Microsoft gets their act together, I'll just recommend Chrome to everyone having this issue. If they don't like Chrome, too bad, it's what works.

Are you sure it was IE10 and not IE11 (which is the latest browser for Win7)? AFAIK, All Windows 7 users will get IE11 pushed on them unless they specifically refuse it. And I have seen many sites, including this one, that have various problems with IE11. So much so that I don't add IE11 to any computer that I use and I don't use any version of IE unless I absolutely can't help it.

Cheers and Regards