Where do I get the latest AMD chipset drivers?

bizzybody

I'm putting together a system around an AM3 board with the AMD 870 SB850 chipset, so I go to AMD's site, to drivers and downloads. All they have are video drivers. This board doesn't have integrated video.

The board manufacturer's download is version 8.947.0.0 release date 2012-09-20 If there's a newer release, I want it.

At least I can get the video drivers for the Radeon HD 6870, of course bundled/bloated with Catalyst and other stuff I won't be installing and would rather not waste the time and space to download.

• 3 weeks later...

I've not installed a cpu chipset driver in ...... oh.....more years than I can remember.

Normally, when you install an OS that's compatible with a motherboard, the OS itself has and installs the correct chipset drivers.

It blows my mind, how many compatible drivers that now come with Windows 8.1. It installs on many 9 yr old PC's with never a whimper.

I just installed 8.1/32/Pro on a nine year old eMachine, with an Intel X2 cpu and only 1 gig of DDR2 ram. Everything came up working.....

sound graphics and LAN, all working AOK!

Win 8.1 is a breath of new life for many older PC's.

I question whether MS designed it to work like that, or not, but that's the way it turned out.

Kind of neat....Eh?

Cheers Mates!

B)

Edited by Andromeda43