The file mvs91xx.sys could not be found.

jumpcan

In the page you link, you did find drivers ("Drivers" tab) for your motherboard. If you choose XP 32bits as Operating System and download the SATA RAID/AHCI driver that is a 0,37MB exe file, you run the exe and it will extract a few files. One of them is named txtsetup.oem. I read the inf file and the txtsetup.oem should be in the same, folder, so copy that file along with the one named "ahcix86" in the x86 folder that is already created by the exe file.

When integrating drivers, point to ahcix86.inf in the x86 folder, nLite should ask you if you want to add it as text mode. -Yes.

What I don't know is the actual difference between the two files on the given Gigabyte page:

1. mb_driver_amd_sataraid_bootdisk_hseries_xp.exe <- this can be opened with 7-zip, is 376 Kb, and is a "plain" F6 SATA driver :yes:
  2. mb_driver_chipset_fm2+_xp.exe <- this I won't download, as it is a whopping 460 Mb :w00t:

Now, generally speaking, the only driver needed to install and "boot first time" on a SATA only PC is the F6 Sata driver, #1 above, as all the other drivers (defaulting to "standard" ones, like "plain" VGA, or not really needed such as LAN card, etc.) are not "vital" and can be installed later.

It is however possible that this "Trinity" stuff behaves differently. :unsure:

So, as Ponch suggested above, what I would try first would be to add ONLY the "F6 drivers" in #1 with nlite and try installing, it will probably take less than one hour time to integrate with nlite, burn the CD and try the install, you could use a CDRW to avoid (in the worst case) a coaster.

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz

This time, I selected all drivers from the files I downloaded.

I selected textmode for each item.

I verified that amd_sata.sy_ was in the i386 folder

The file ahcix64.sys is corrupted.

Here is my statement:
  • It was a mistake to integrate the AMD AHCI driver named amd_sata.sys. This driver is only usable with Vista, Win7 and Win8, but not with Windows XP. The correct 32bit AMD AHCI driver for Windows XP is named ahcix86.sys.
  • The message "The file ahcix64.sys is corrupted" indicates, that you have tried to integrate a 64bit driver into a 32bit OS. That was a mistake as well.
  • If you are searching for a suitable AMD AHCI driver, you may look into the start post of >this< thread. Note: You will find the AHCI driver listed as RAID driver, because the AHCI supporting AMD Controller is named "AMD AHCI Compatible RAID Controller".
  • Windows XP Setup is very sensitive regarding wrong textmode drivers or wrong AHCI/RAID Controllers, which have been checked when doing the loading or integration of the textmode driver. So it is a good idea to integrate only 1 single AHCI or RAID driver (the suitable one for the SATA Controller, where the system drive is connected) and - if you get a list of different SATA AHCI/RAID Controllers during the textmode driver integration - to check just the correct one and not all of them.
Edited by Fernando 1

post-389607-0-95636000-1394572659_thumb.

post-389607-0-16364800-1394572650_thumb.

post-389607-0-95636000-1394572659_thumb.

post-389607-0-60852800-1394572689_thumb.

Thanks to all / each of you!

Dear Ponch:

Do you mean for me to look in the folder which contains txtsetup.oem and use nlite to add ahcix86.* to the slipstream project?

"One of them is named txtsetup.oem. I read the inf file and the txtsetup.oem should be in the same, folder, so copy that file along with the one named "ahcix86" in the x86 folder that is already created by the exe file."

If you mean something else, please clarify / help me understand.

Dear jclaz:

Which is the F6 floppy driver?

The one I have highlighted?

Dear cdob:

:)

I think that you have answered my question to jaclaz.

Dear Fernando 1:

1. EXCELLENT!

2. I have made many mistakes during this project. :)

3. Thanks for the link to the .7z file. It may solve my issue.

4. Yes, I have leaned that XP is sensitive.

My plan is, on an XP SP3 drive WITHOUT nlite installed:

install nlite

add SP3

add / select only D:\Gigabyte*_07_Mar_2014\hseries-xp\x86

create in .ISO

Burn it using Nero 6

If that fails, I will download & install imgburn & burn the .ISO using imgburn.

I've attached some screenshots, which I hope will help. I am visually oriented.

Edited by jumpcan

My plan is, on an XP SP3 drive WITHOUT nlite installed:

install nlite

add SP3

add / select only D:\Gigabyte*_07_Mar_2014\hseries-xp\x86

The XP installation will fail, if you really do that.

As I already have written, you should integrate just the appropriate textmode driver (accompanied by the related INF, CAT and OEM files) and not a subfolder with a lot of different drivers.

PROGRESS!

nlite 1.9.4.3 installed on XP Pro SP3, 32 bit, onto HDD on which nlite had not been installed

Ran nlite, selecting SP3 & only D:\Gigabyte*_07_Mar_2014\hseries-xp\x86

Created ISO

Burned ISO using Nero 6

Setup has begun.

Thanks for the advice.

I will provide updates.

Fernando 1:

Thanks for the advice.

Using nlite, I selected "single driver"

Do you mean that I should have selected "5. Now click the Insert button at the bottom and select “Multiple driver folder”,

www.raymond.cc/blog/how-to-integrate-floppy-sata-raid-driver-into-windows-xp-cd/#ixzz2vhFSPWut

I was offered the 32 bit & 64 bit versions of achi. I selected textmode.

Setup has begun.

"Setup is formatting " at 70%.

Hopefully I will be lucky.

If not, I will select "multiple driver folder"; then D:\Gigabyte*_07_Mar_2014\hseries-xp\x86

Is that correct?

Do you mean that I should have selected "5. Now click the Insert button at the bottom and select Multiple driver folder,

If not, I will select "multiple driver folder"; then D:\Gigabyte*_07_Mar_2014\hseries-xp\x86

Is that correct?

No, I meant, that you shouldn't integrate D:\Gigabyte*_07_Mar_2014\hseries-xp\x86, because there are obviously a lot of different textmode drivers.

Instead of a driver mixture you should integrate just 1 driver (the correct one). Otherwise you risk either a BSOD or that the correct driver will be overwritten by other drivers during the integration procedure.

Remember: All integrated textmode drivers will be copied by nLite into the i386 directory of the XP image. Drivers with the same name will be simply overwritten.

Edited by Fernando 1

Dear Fernando 1:

Thanks for the clarification.

I do not know which steps I need to perform to accomplish that which you have written.

Installation of XP Pro has completed.

My motherboard has only 1 PS2 port. During XP installation I had a keyboard connected via PS2.

After setup completed, I shutdown the computer; switched from keyboard to mouse, installed the chipset drivers.

To add the chipset's USB drivers, which drivers would I select?

Thanks for your help.

@ jumpcan:

Please open the "IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers" section of the Windows XP Device Manager and post the name(s) - and if possible the HardwareIDs - of the listed Controllers(s).

To add the chipset's USB drivers, which drivers would I select?

It depends on the chipset of your mainboard. If it should be an Intel chipset, the XP hardware detection will find the appropriate INF files automaticly within the extracted Intel Chipset Device Software folder named "All". Edited by Fernando 1