64 and 32 bit in same package?

Hi

I'm going to make a win 7 image with sp1 and all updates.

have downloaded WUD and all win 7 updates incl. SP 1

Then I will download rt 7 lite and make my image with that.

But then I was thinking... I have to install win 7 on both 32 and 64 bit.

is it possible to make an image that can be used on both types?

It is possible. I'm not sure how RT7Lite fits in tho. :unsure:

The manual way would be to capture your first image, then append the second image. The order doesn't matter. Say then x86 is Index 1 and x64 is Index 2. You save this as install.wim. The requirement then is that your boot image must be the x86 one. That way you can choose either of the images to deploy with Setup.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm using Win Toolkit 1.4.37.20, I created two Windows 7 images, one x86 and one x64. I'm trying to merge the two images with the All-In-One Disk Creator, I'm choosing the two different install.wim files which are located:

\desktop\merge\x64\sources\install.wim

\desktop\merge\x86\sources\install.wim

I see the two images, I press "Create", it does it's thing, then on the next screen I choose "Make ISO" and have the ISO image created. When I go to install I only see the x86 version. What am I doing wrong?

Edited by morocco31477

I'm using Win Toolkit 1.4.37.20, I created two Windows 7 images, one x86 and one x64. I'm trying to merge the two images with the All-In-One Disk Creator, I'm choosing the two different install.wim files which are located:

\desktop\merge\x64\sources\install.wim

\desktop\merge\x86\sources\install.wim

I see the two images, I press "Create", it does it's thing, then on the next screen I choose "Make ISO" and have the ISO image created. When I go to install I only see the x86 version. What am I doing wrong?

For best response, please post your question in the WinToolkit subforum over at WinCert.

Cheers and Regards