Introducing - Unofficial Windows XP SP4

harkaz

2 hours ago, ~♥Aiko♥Chan♥~ said:

Excuse me, are we supposed to extract the files to the Windows or System (I can't recall which contains i386) directory then run the .bat file?

Extract zip anywhere you want, then run the .bat file.

Great news. For anyone who would try to localize the system tell, please, your experience.

In past i installed SP4 on one system following guide to use language pack but the result was not quite satisfactory:

half start menu remained in english, and get miscellaneuos languages in the options related to right mouse click.

1 hour ago, Vistaboy said:

Great news. For anyone who would try to localize the system tell, please, your experience.

In past i installed SP4 on one system following guide to use language pack but the result was not quite satisfactory:

half start menu remained in english, and get miscellaneuos languages in the options related to right mouse click.

The "Windows XP SP4 MUI October 2018 Update" is the best way to use SP4 in languages other than English (ISO was flagged and no longer available, will re-upload sometime). However, several OS components will not be translated to another language.

UPDATE: SP4 v3 October 2018 MUI Update ISO has been re-uploaded.

UPDATE #2: Updated Windows XP Debugging Symbols for May 2019 post-SP4 update pack have been also uploaded.

For more information, visit RyanVM.net.

On 6/8/2019 at 2:46 AM, harkaz said:

Extract zip anywhere you want, then run the .bat file.

slipstream.bat prompts me for a directory. Which one is the correct one???

Typing C:\Windows does not work. The message only repeats!

Edited by ~♥Aiko♥Chan♥~

9 hours ago, ~♥Aiko♥Chan♥~ said:

slipstream.bat prompts me for a directory. Which one is the correct one???

Typing C:\Windows does not work. The message only repeats!

1. In a Windows XP environment, extract/copy the contents of XP SP0/SP1/SP2/SP3 original media to an empty folder: C:\XPMEDIA.

2. Run this command from command line:

WindowsXP-USP4-v3.1b-x86-ENU.exe /integrate:C:\XPMEDIA

3. As soon as 2 is complete, extract the update pack zip to a blank new folder named C:\updpack

4. Run C:\updpack\slipstream.bat.

5. Paste C:\XPMEDIA to the command line window that appears and press ENTER

Edited by harkaz

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Gamerappa said:

I'm a bit confused, So i'm running SP4 on a Virtual Machine, but then, do i have to install post-updates via a extracted ISO image?

Use the GH0stpak, as described in the RyanVM forum, in order to update your system.

The May 2019 update pack is intended for new installations of WIndows XP from updated media.

• 2 months later...

I'm fairly certain I slipstreamed SP4 and integrated the updates into an install ISO, but after install "My Computer" still displays "Service Pack 3".

(although the OS date is now 2014)

Is this normal?

33 minutes ago, ImWolf said:

I'm fairly certain I slipstreamed SP4 and integrated the updates into an install ISO, but after install "My Computer" still displays "Service Pack 3".

(although the OS date is now 2014)

Is this normal?

That's normal. It was left that way for compatibility purposes (some programs won't install and/or run if the Service Pack number != 3).

c

47 minutes ago, cc333 said:

That's normal. It was left that way for compatibility purposes (some programs won't install and/or run if the Service Pack number != 3).

c

OK.....  Thanks for the quick reply.

Is there a way to edit the SP# displayed by "my computer" just for appearances sake without creating compatibility issues?

Edited by ImWolf