Introducing - Unofficial Windows XP SP4

harkaz

Errm... the first post says start with an XP-SP1 source (which, AFAICT, has that file). :unsure:

Also, there's this topic about using nLite and removing stuff.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/ca0c677d-26c7-4512-a9f3-b5dec7541074/bug-report-while-addingremoving-windows-components-setup-was-unable-to-find-igamesinf?forum=itproxpsp

Did you, by chance, start with an nLited source and/or not-SP1/SP2/SP3 and/or some "modified" source? :no:

This Unofficial SP4 is constructed directly from the SP3 package, so... :crazy:

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the unofficial service pack, I have recommended it in my legacy Windows XP Reinstallation Guide and on the Dell Community Forums for those who wish to stick with Windows XP for now or have a system which can't handle Windows 7. I will at some point write a guide installing XP in a VM using VMware player and will also integrate it into that guide.

One thing I tried however was to add this update to an nLite install with a Dell Windows XP Professional OEM Reinstallation CD. I lost the Dell System Locked Preinstallation mechanism for Windows XP and was prompted to input a product key, I aborted the install at this screen. I don't know if you have done any testing with OEM SLP keys so thought its worth a mention.

On the other hand installation of the Unofficial Service Pack 4 after installation of Dell Windows XP Professional OEM with Service Pack 3 (nLite slipstreamed and Rufus USB), Dell Windows XP MCE OEM with Service Pack 2 (Rufus USB) and Dell Windows XP Home OEM with Service Pack 3 (nLite slipstreamed and Rufus USB) has worked without any issues.

Very nice project -- leaving .net 4 as post install option, and adding security is nice as well

I have retail OEM XPproSP3 english.

The disk is named GRTMPOEM_EN, and one of root files is WIN51IP.SP3

Is that enough to tell if I have XP pro N? K? or KN?

thanks