Introducing - Unofficial Windows XP SP4

harkaz

I was expecting when I installed that sp4 that it included every single updates to XP end of life. I installed XP Pro SP3 on VMWare and after I installed SP4 the windows update said the was 33 high priority updates and 9 software, optional to be updated. It doesn't make sense, since you said it contains all post sp3 updates.

Normally you should get 10 or 11 software updates. Which updates show up?

The reason you still get updates is that XP SP4 is not finalised yet. The problem is you get that many of them.

Edited by harkaz

Normally you should get 10 or 11 software updates. Which updates show up?

The reason you still get updates is that XP SP4 is not finalised yet. The problem is you get that many of them.

In total there was 56 high priority updates. 33 first time then ask to restart then there was 23 more. I can't remember what updates it was sorry. Also your updates don't appear on my update history list.

Edited by daveo76

Right now I'm working on the next Alpha build. I'm changing the execution order for some commands in the INF file. You will be able to test this build when it's ready (there many glitches to take care of in different scenarios).

In total there was 56 high priority updates. 33 first time then ask to restart then there was 23 more. I can't remember what updates it was sorry. Also your updates don't appear on my update history list.

Strange that they don't appear in your Windows Update history.

If you look in your Windows System Event Log however, they should be listed there with the source "NtServicePack".

:)

Strange that they don't appear in your Windows Update history.

If you look in your Windows System Event Log however, they should be listed there with the source "NtServicePack".

On the Add/Remove list it shows it there. I find out how to open Windows System Event Log and let you know what it lists in there

Right now I'm working on the next Alpha build. I'm changing the execution order for some commands in the INF file. You will be able to test this build when it's ready (there many glitches to take care of in different scenarios).

You doing a good work. There always be bugs to sort out. Unfortunately I can't seem to post in www.ryanvm.net been waiting for over 24 hours for them to approve me

On the Add/Remove list it shows it there. I find out how to open Windows System Event Log and let you know what it lists in there

Easiest way is to right click on "My Computer" on the desktop, select "Manage" and you should see the Event Viewer in the console window that pops up.

You doing a good work. There always be bugs to sort out. Unfortunately I can't seem to post in www.ryanvm.net been waiting for over 24 hours for them to approve me

Have patience.  Each new member is approved personally by RyanVM, IIRC.

Cheers and Regards

Have patience.  Each new member is approved personally by RyanVM, IIRC.

Cheers and Regards

I dont care about waiting since you mention about your work on here. It just any forums I had joined up including this one that you get a email sent to you straight away with a link to go to. To activate your account straight away. I imaging him approving it would be so time consuming

Windows XP SP4 Beta build is being tested at the moment.

The build is almost stable - from now on it's adding documentation and testing...

Edited by harkaz

I'm fixing a couple issues with MCE CD-ROM install and WDSearch OC, then I will reupload the Beta 1a build + Release notes.

When testing please:

- report errors with USB installs, if any.
- check setupapi.log for "unsigned file" errors.
- test qfecheck after an upgrade/repair installation
- slipstream SP4 in a Windows XP 32-bit environment. Then use nLite/RyanVmi/anything else to integrate drivers, addons, etc.
- OOBE startup will delay for about 2 minutes. This is normal and happens due to .NET FW 4.0 NGEN service.

Edited by harkaz