Introducing - Unofficial Windows XP SP4

harkaz

Hmmm I understood that, while it may be supported, there are not going to be post April 2014 updates on POSReady2009. Isn't that correct?

No one knows I asked that before (The question was is pos ready 2009 worth the money) and got this response.

It's just a modified version of Windows XP. It's supposed to be supported for much longer than "normal" XP but it's unknown whether MS is going to release updates or just provide technical support only.

There's been a long thread on this specific release already somewhere here on the forum. There's also a trial version available to download so you can check it out yourself. When it comes to standard usage, it's really no different than standard Windows XP.

The thread he was referring to was the xp support till 2019, which is stickied though that won't matter since the answer he gave was a great summary. I bought it and have it on one of my net-books and am ready to test it out after eol.

you win XP SP4 is in .EXE,

how i can install it from USB of CD? while i am not using xp, i mean i want clean install of your xp from CD formatting whole hard disk.

please help me.

you can tell me when does final version of your project will come for us??

Edited by usmangujjar

The XP SP4 is NOT meant to be a stand alone install medium, neither from CD/DVD nor from USB. It is meant to update your XP install medium that you already own to the "SP4" state, or to update the XP that you already have installed. You will have to create your XP SP4 install medium on your own.

Cheers and Regards

Really pleased to see this, now I can keep my Windows XP installation alive as I have my Windows 98SE installation thanks to the great experts here!

I really hope that this will be an ongoing project where at least some post XP EOS hotfixes from later versions of Windows can be integrated into XP installations.

:thumbup

@usmangujjar Yes, you can slipstream SP4 into your Windows XP installation dmedia and then burn it to CDs/DVD/USB using the appropriate tools.

I don't know exactly when the final release will be ready, because .NET Framework 3.5 integration - which I'm currently working on - is rather hard, even if Onepiece has already done most of the work for me.

This is great.

I was hoping someone had already raised the issue, now that next month's update release will be the last regular one on one hand, and the fact there is a "tradition" of projects maintaining "older" operating systems here at MSFN on the other hand.

I'm looking forward to trying it out when next month's update is integrated into the service pack.

Cheers.

If you are able to get a standalone (no internet access) version of NET3.5 x86 install package, I would definitely appreciate having a copy.

Look over on RyanVM , here - http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=14, and you should be able to find what you need.

NOTE: You will will need to sign up as a member to get to that subforum, I believe. Don't worry, it's free and many of the members here are members there as well.

Cheers and Regards

• 4 weeks later...

Currently building .NET Framework 3.5 uninstaller. I will have to modify .NET Framework 1.1 uninstaller as well.

Preparing the .NET uninstaller will take enough time.

After that, I'll have to enable .NET Framework 3.5 live installation/uninstallation which will take even more time....