login without using windows hotmail accoount

COKEDUDEUSF

There is an option to create and login with a local (non-Microsoft/Hotmail) account. Create the new local user, give it administrator privileges, transfer your data to a place where you can get it, login with that local account, then delete/disable the Microsoft/Hotmail account.

When I first setup Windows 8 it forced me to use my windows hotmail account.

Actually it didn't. You just missed the intentionally difficult to see prompts that would have led you to be able to set it up with a local account.

It's one of the most devious things Microsoft has done, and very telling about how they view their users. I'm surprised the Justice Department hasn't taken more notice of this predatory practice.

Note:

SignInWithMicrosoftAccount.png

SignInWithoutAMicrosoftAccount.png

SignInToYourPC.png

-Noel

Guys, I suppose you are talking about Windows 8.1 (yes it is outrageous, I also agree), Windows 8 have the option to create a local account from the beginning clearly. Also on Windows 8.1 you can turn your Microsoft account into a local one, just click on "Disconnect" in the account options.

When I first setup Windows 8 it forced me to use my windows hotmail account.

Actually it didn't. You just missed the intentionally difficult to see prompts that would have led you to be able to set it up with a local account.

It's one of the most devious things Microsoft has done, and very telling about how they view their users. I'm surprised the Justice Department hasn't taken more notice of this predatory practice.

I'm not surprised at all.

Guys, I suppose you are talking about Windows 8.1 (yes it is outrageous, I also agree), Windows 8 have the option to create a local account from the beginning clearly.

The screen grabs I showed above are from Windows 8.1. The option is there but it's anything but clear.

-Noel

The option is there but it's anything but clear.

Not entirely unike the invention Mr.Thorndike is credited with in "The Love Bug" ;):

http://www.subzin.com/search.php?title=The+Love+Bug&imdb=64603&q=contract&search_sort=Popularity&genre=-1&type=All

Mr. Thorndyke: You've heard of me? How charming!

Mr. Wu: Are you not the gentleman who originated the idea of small print...

Mr. Wu: on bottom of automobile sales contract?

Mr. Thorndyke: The very same.

Mr. Wu: - A most worthy adversary. - You are most kind.

thorndyke.jpg

:lol:

jaclaz

Guys, I suppose you are talking about Windows 8.1 (yes it is outrageous, I also agree), Windows 8 have the option to create a local account from the beginning clearly.

The screen grabs I showed above are from Windows 8.1. The option is there but it's anything but clear.

-Noel

Yes, that's what I say. Windows 8 that was preinstalled on my laptop gave me the option to create a local account clearly when I powered it for the first time whereas Windows 8.1 show these behavior. Of course I don't know if Windows 8 do the same when they are not preinstalled. :unsure: