outfox.tv keeps on poping up everytime when i del that web site

hi there, everytime when i either change my home page back to google the outfox.tv keeps on coming back up. i have already deleted the malware to this program. i'm using firefox. i've used spyhunterk, malware bytes, search and destroy bot. it still keeps going back outfox.tv. oh i'm using firefox x64. is there away to get right of this page so it doesn't come back?

yes i have tried hijackthis. i deleted adware, some spyware. i don't remember what i have deleted. it still's go back to outfox.tv. some how it's hidden so well that the outfox.tv keeps showing up. does anyone know why this keeps happening?

does anyone know why this keeps happening?

Yes, I do :yes:.

You failed to delete/remove the *whatever* causes that behaviour :).

I also know how your google is currently broken :w00t::ph34r:, and I am very sorry for this :(, , so have these, with my best regards:

http://malwaretips.com/blogs/outfox-tv-removal/

http://www.2-spyware.com/remove-outfox-tv.html

http://www.dotfab.com/resources/how-to-remove-outfox-tv-homepage-from-ieffchrome/

jaclaz

The Finder i have tryed those web sites. they didn't even help. there is no uninstaller for outfox.tv. for some reason it keeps on changing my home page back outfox.tv. does any one know why? i also have other browsers too.

the uninstaller or the software for outfox.tv isn't on my pc. some how the page keeps on poping with out the software. does anyone know why?

Edited by krt47

You still probably have adware/spyware present on your system. I had something like that happen to me about 10 years ago.

The only way I could fix it was to uninstall my infected browser. In your case, uninstall Firefox. Second, and more importantly, I had to manually delete all the remaining files left over in my "Mozilla" or "Firefox" application data folder. Also, I removed whatever traces remained in the "Mozilla" folder in the Program Files directory. When you uninstall something, especially a browser, it usually leaves a lot of configuration files behind. Very rarely does an uninstall actually remove everything. There's probably still files left behind. The only way to fix it is to completely remove all traces of it by deleting it.

You said you were using Firefox? Well, uninstall it the typical way by going to control panel and removing the program. Then, manually go in there and delete any traces left behind in your AppData Mozilla folder. Which is probably hidden, by the way. You might have to uncheck "hide system folders." Sorry, but I'm not familiar exactly where Windows 7 stores this data. But it's the same concept... if you see folders named Mozilla, Firefox, and OutFoxTv, delete them. I would also go and manually delete that OutFoxTV garbage. Go to your program files directory, and just simply delete the OutFoxTV folder, forget about uninstalling that junk. Just delete both the OutFoxTV folder, and whatever is left behind in your mozilla folders (stored in both program files and windows app data).

To summarize: (step 1) Uninstall the Firefox browser, (2) Delete the folders called "Mozilla" or "Firefox" from your Program Files directory (3) Delete the "Mozilla" or "Firefox" folder from your Windows "Appdata" directory. (4) Delete the folder named "OutfoxTV" in your Program Files Directory (5) Restart your computer (6) Download and re-install Firefox.

Hope that helps :-(

Edited by LostInSpace2012

Seriously guys, the inbuilyt uninstaller is the best / quickest way to achieve removal of Outfox TV if that's what you want.

If it helps, the vast majority of spam/blog posts provide instructions that intentionally break the OutfoxTV uninstaller. Why would they do that? Because there is a chance in your despair you'll pay the spammer the $150 fee they request to 'fix' your PC, or purchase the antivirus software they recommend (which ironically appears as malware suspect when you do a google search).

We released a version that was buggy in December last year and these opportunists leapt on the chance to declare the bugs constituted a malware or virus. If you read most of the posts mentioning Outfox.TV you'll recognise the language is cookie-cutter copy with word / replace used, most of the issues and behaviors they mention aren't even present in our program.

We have a fully working uninstaller, provided you don't follow their instructions to kill services etc, because it renders the uninstaller useless.

If anyone has issues, we suggest installing the latest version of our app because it contains the most up to date uninstaller. This uninstaller addresses any issues we have had reported to support (some versions of Windows 7 and Windows 8 had glitches with browser settings which have been fixed). Running the uninstaller then offers you the checkbox "Remove www.outfox.tv as browser tab/homepage" which should be selected. Upon completion of the uninstaller, reboot the PC.

That should remove the program cleanly, with no need for any software purchase or other waste of time. You dont' need to stop services because the uninstaller will do that and then remove them.

If uninstall doesn't work for you, email support - at - outfox.tv and one of the team will help you. We get a handful of non-working uninstalls each day, which isn't bad given the large number of users we have.

Unlike the spammers out there we do not charge for support and we will not try to sell you anything.

Below is an example of the process working in full on a Windows 7 machine, Windows 8 works the same way, obviously using Windows 8 new interface, video coming soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tkld8eSZpeU

(1) OutfoxTV, you could literally be anybody going around posting stuff. I don't believe you. For all I know, you could be the spammer that's going around posting cookie-cutter comments describing Outfox as malware and also giving out a fake "solution." Anyway, the burden of proof is on you and your alleged software company to release a safe product... that is, if you want to stay in business, not on unsuspecting users. (2) You're advising him to re-install the software which he just spent time trying to remove? That makes no sense. Would you take that chance?

Ever heard the saying, "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." I think the trust is gone at this point.

Running the uninstaller then offers you the checkbox "Remove www.outfox.tv as browser tab/homepage" which should be selected. Upon completion of the uninstaller, reboot the PC.

Oh, so people still have to check a box to actually "completely" remove it? Can't you just make it simple for people, and when you uninstall your software, you actually uninstall it? Throwing in little questions like "remove browser homepage" confuses people who aren't computer savy. They play it safe and probably leave it unchecked, since they're too scared to fiddle with it. They have faith in your uninstall program to actually live up to it's name of "uninstall." But yet, they have to check a box.

Here's an idea. Get rid of the little check box nonsense, and actually competely remove your program from peoples computers. You'd probably save money on customer support that way. If that's what you really wanted though... maybe you're enjoying the negative publicity.... all publicity is good publicity they say. Evven I, who knew nothing of Outbox tV yesterday, am today a bonafide expert. You succeeded!

Edited by LostInSpace2012

You still probably have adware/spyware present on your system. I had something like that happen to me about 10 years ago.

The only way I could fix it was to uninstall my infected browser.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry if reply is in the quote but msfn is being weird right now. Another option you could of done (since you already solved it :w00t: ) is to check your addons if you use Firefox (chrome too). I know that some adwares, and programs have addons to make it harder to get ride of them. (I'll edit my post to name the specific adware later since its on a work computer)

well, maybe I was being a little too cynical and paranoid with OutFox in my last post...

Because there is a chance in your despair you'll pay the spammer the $150 fee they request to 'fix' your PC, or purchase the antivirus software they recommend (which ironically appears as malware suspect when you do a google search).
Those anti-virus vendors are in an excellent position to, how shall I say it, scare the heck out of potential customers. Look, over there, it's malware!!!!! Look, over there, it's a virus!!!!

the uninstaller or the software for outfox.tv isn't on my pc. some how the page keeps on poping with out the software. does anyone know why?

Hi krt47, we see some occasions when the uninstaller is run, but the option to remove browser tabs is not selected. Less often, the uninstaller fails to reset the browser tabs when it completes (this happened on some older versions, and as we can not update the uninstaller remotely, the older version is stuck running the old uninstaller). One way to fix this is install the latest version then run the latest uninstaller contained within it, but we understand some people don't like that idea as people have explained it seems suspicious!

However, if you have seen the uninstall success message, and the only remaining feature is the browser tab, there is no remnant of the program itself on your system, and the browser start page can be reset using the browser's native commands - ie:

Depending on which browser/s you use, manual reset instructions are here :

Firefox :

a) https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/How%20to%20set%20the%20home%20page

or

b) this link from Mozilla - to clean up Firefox browser issues that are deeper than just the home page setting, such as new tabs, search and slow browser performance :

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/reset-firefox-easily-fix-most-problems

Internet Explorer :

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-AU/internet-explorer/change-home-page#ie=ie-11 (note the drop down selector at right to change version to IE 8/9/10 if you are not using the latest version 11)

Google Chrome :

a) https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95421?hl=en

or

b) Chrome Browser reset :

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/3296214?hl=en

Hope that helps.