load IOS application on computer

pierini1

Hello,

i purchased a IOS application from Apple store but i have no iphone, no ipod and no ipad.

So i ask you:

is it possible to run that IOS application on my computer or in any other way ?

Remember mac OS (xcode) only allow you to run applications you created by yourself as developmenter but application i wanna run is not mine.

Goodbye.

Curious though were they just too messy or against forum rules for posting links (aka messy?).

Neither. They just didn't work. The first one had "This" appended to the end of it, and the second had ")" appended. Both caused the respective link to not function when clicked.

In the future, if you want to see exactly what is going on with your post before you post it, you can toggle the edit box "WYSIWYG" mode, (which is the little button in the top left of the edit box directly above the "B", ie "Bold", button), which exposes the BBCode equivalent commands. Since the post is essentially just text at that point, it is also sometimes easier to perform certain edits at that stage. It takes practice, but it is sometimes handy.

Cheers and Regards

@op

you are looking for a program that can open ipa files. Description from files.org

What is an IPA file?

Files that contain the .ipa file extension are normally used on the iPhone and iPod Touch mobile devices. The IPA file format is a container file format that is used for storing applications that are designed for use on the iPod Touch and the iPhone.

IPA files are similar to Zip files. The IPA file is not actually the application file, but is the container file that is used to store the application that is to be installed on the user's device. When a user downloads an application from the iTunes App Store to their iPhone or iPod Touch device, the application is downloaded in the IPA file container.

You could try to convert the file to an .apk (android file) but if I recall there are copyright laws that would prevent you.

Curious though were they just too messy or against forum rules for posting links (aka messy?).

Neither. They just didn't work. The first one had "This" appended to the end of it, and the second had ")" appended. Both caused the respective link to not function when clicked.

In the future, if you want to see exactly what is going on with your post before you post it, you can toggle the edit box "WYSIWYG" mode, (which is the little button in the top left of the edit box directly above the "B", ie "Bold", button), which exposes the BBCode equivalent commands. Since the post is essentially just text at that point, it is also sometimes easier to perform certain edits at that stage. It takes practice, but it is sometimes handy.

Cheers and Regards

Gotcha thanks for the tip :thumbup