Restore Points from Backup that doesn't exist-how to remove?

extraoneya

LiveLinux -or- WinBuilder (XP, anyway for sure) -does- expose those folders and contents. I have booted MANY a time to a LiveXP and deleted those and the PageFile before "ghosting". Yes, it works that way. Linux does not care about "hidden" -or- "owner", which is what they're "definitions" have. They will -only- be locked (usually) by the Running System (second install of same/similar OS -may- lock them due to "ownership" - can't remember off-hand).

Bottom line, don't try it and keep questioning us. ;) It'll never happen. :no:

Edited by submix8c

I was wrong above, the restore points are actually stored in System Volume Information. Sorry for any confusion.

To delete System Volume Information, hyberfil.sys and pagefile.sys, any Live Linux will do (I'd recommend the latest Porteus or TinHat).

Now, if all that remains are phantom entries inside the registry, then the best course is to open regedit as the Trusted Installer, and then trash the phantoms.

Warning: Take care what you do either as the Trusted Installer or from a Live Linux distro: both ways it's quite easy to damage your system beyond all recognition.