Can not get win 8 updated to win 8.1(running win 8 pro)

zjxls

Hi it is my first time posting thread in MSFN, sorry if i did it in a wrong section.

Windows 8.1 have been out for a while now, somehow i still can not my windows up to date. I was not paying too much attention when i did not get to the supposed page via the official method(go to store app), because of the fact that I get so used to not choosing update stuff after being using pirated windows for a long time.

The problem I am having is the store page never shows up(http://i.imgur.com/fBm2bLQ.png like this).

I do have the 2871389 and KB 2917499 updates installed. As it might be the problem to cause this stated here http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/why-can-t-find-update-store.

Sometimes after log in screen, there will be a system message shows "get the windows 8.1 in store", and i clicked " go to store", it just leads me to the main page of store, and that is it.

this is my windows. and there is "test mode Windows8 Pro build 9200" at the button right screen all time.

9atKDP5.jpg

Windows 8.1 have been out for a while now, somehow i still can not my windows up to date. I was not paying too much attention when i did not get to the supposed page via the official method(go to store app), because of the fact that I get so used to not choosing update stuff after being using pirated windows for a long time.

this is my windows. and there is "test mode Windows8 Pro build 9200" at the button right screen all time.

It sounds like this is still a warez version of Windows, or at least one that you have never registered and activated. If it is a warez version we will not help you with this.

Cheers and Regards

thanks for the replies from MagicAndre1981 and bphlpt

My windows states its activated. I bought this in retail store but i lost the key that came within it. So a friend of mine gave me a one which is working.

FwL65LY.jpg

Maybe its the issue with that key she gave me. i dont know where did she got it from, cos i was too excited to concern.

zjxls,

WHAT did you buy in a retail store?

Like:

1. A windows 8 install DVD <- if this is the case post what is actually written n the physical DVD
  2. A computer with Windows 8 pre-installed on it <- if this is the case post the EXACT make/model of the computer
  3. Something else <- post as much details as you can about this "something else"

The "test mode", means that you are running in "test mode" ;).

This could be connected with a BCD setting and the use (or used just once and not reset) of unsigned drivers:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-windows_install/windows-8-pro-shows-test-mode-build-9200-above-the/60468fe9-07db-42ab-bde4-b11f6ba0f029

jaclaz

In this case, I think refreshing the content in the Store should do the trick.

My Windows was (accidentally!) activated by a free key of W8 Media Center Pack. And I could still upgrade it from 8 to 8.1 through the store. I guess people will call it a warez version though!

That's the key I received from MS. When I knew they offered MCP key for free I registered to get one.

I'll edit my previous post to remove the screenshot! Thank you for a quick reply.

Activating your Windows with a key someone else just happened to have means you don't have a valid license.

Go out and buy a Windows 8.1 disc, and do a clean install. Done.

-Noel

Edit: Changed wording of a comment I wrote in which I accidentally mixed up info from two posters.

Edited by NoelC

zjxls,

WHAT did you buy in a retail store?

Like:

1. A windows 8 install DVD <- if this is the case post what is actually written n the physical DVD
  2. A computer with Windows 8 pre-installed on it <- if this is the case post the EXACT make/model of the computer
  3. Something else <- post as much details as you can about this "something else"

The "test mode", means that you are running in "test mode" ;).

This could be connected with a BCD setting and the use (or used just once and not reset) of unsigned drivers:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-windows_install/windows-8-pro-shows-test-mode-build-9200-above-the/60468fe9-07db-42ab-bde4-b11f6ba0f029

jaclaz

through that link, i managed to turn that logo off, does that mean something? Maybe that i can't update in Test mode?

thanks for the helps so far, i think Noel is right, i'd better stop wasting your guys time here, clean installed will make us all much easier life.

run

slmgr.vbs /dlv

and post a picture of the result.

Thanks for your help! I think I give up for now. I appreciate all the people that put time into read this thread.

@Aloha, I don't think NoelC meant to insult you, I think he merely mistakenly blended your comments and that of the OP in his mind and responded to the combination. The OP got the message, so all is good. :)

Cheers and Regards