How to add Win 95 on a Multi-boot DVD?

-=ET=-

Does anyone know how to add Windows 95 on a Multi-boot DVD using CDShell?

I tried many boot disks (MS-DOS 6.22, 95 & 98) but it always failed. The setup freeze just after the licence agreement :)

It seems to be a memory issue as one time I got an error message asking me to modify the "stack" value in "config.sys"; but it didn't change anything :D

Any idea or procedure?

Thanks very much for your help :rolleyes:

windows 95 has problems running at over 350mhz also if your running a amd processor your going to have problems as well, you seem very inpatient and the best things in life come to those who wait :)

i don't think most people who make DVDs use Windows 95 anymore. SO there isn't much need from most of us. It could be that Windows 95 is just too old. Have you tried copying the setup files from Win95 setup dir to a folder on the harddrive, and then starting setup?

Thanks for your replies!

windows  95 has problems running at over 350mhz also if your running a amd processor your going to have problems as well...
Perhaps but that's not the reason of the issue.

If I can install Win 95 on the PC without any issue.

...you seem very inpatient and the best things in life come to those who wait :D

Yes & no. I didn't ask this question this last hour, it was one week ago, but it's right that as all the other OS works...

- MS-DOS 6.22

- PC-DOS 6.3

- Windows 3.11

- Windows 3.11 for WorkGroups

- Windows 98

- Windows 98 SE

- Windows Me

- Windows 2000 Pro

- Windows 2000 Server

- Windows XP Pro corporate

- Windows Entreprise Server 2003 corporate

...I'm quite "impatient" to solve the 95/95 OSR-2.1 case :rolleyes:

It could be that Windows 95 is just too old.
Not more than MS-DOS 6.22 :D
Have you tried copying the setup files from Win95 setup dir to a folder on the harddrive, and then starting setup?

Nop.

But I really think that it's just a memory management issue caused by CDShell/IsoLinux/Memdisk used to run the FD.

If I use the SAME FD image on a real FD (even write protected, as on a DVD), boot on it and run manually install.exe of 95 on the multiple OS DVD it works fine! :)

Moreover, I have a friend for who it works using "DiskEmu"!

But as I have my boot script (which works for all the other OS) on CDShell...

So that's why I ask if someone has already succeed to add Win 95 to a multiple OS DVD using CDShell.

Arf... it doesn't work :rolleyes:

Booting on a floppy disk (write protected as a DVD) and running the install.exe of 95 on the DVD works fine.

But booting on the SAME FD image on the DVD, via CDShell +Memdisk, or +DiskEmu, or +bcdw, and running the install.exe of 95 on the DVD does NOT work!!! :)

Any idea? :D

• 2 weeks later...