UxTheme Signature Bypass

bigmuscle

Please read the first post in this thread for instructions on how to employ Big Muscle's UxTSBxx DLLs to facilitate overall theme replacement.

Look to the instructions by the publisher of the theme for how to install themes.

I have put 3 different theme atlases online at various times in the past.  I actively use only the first one myself with Windows 10 build 14393.  The latter two may work.  Please feel free to test them.

RoundedCornersAero7Example.png

-Noel

Edited by NoelC
Corrected links

Big Muscle, on further testing, I have noticed a slight misregistration of the title glow on the Settings (Modern) App.  To me it's no big deal as I don't run Apps, but some might find it unpolished.

SettingsTitleGlowMisregistration.png

-Noel

P.S., Big Muscle's yet to be published ModernFrame.dll for Win 10 build 14393 will be used to give Aero Glass frames to Modern Apps like Settings.  I captured the above with a now unavailable pre-release debug version (ModernFrame-x64-Debug.dll) in use.

Edited by NoelC

Thanks,Noel. Theme atlases works.

One question: when change color of window titles text, that color is not changes on windows with ribbon... But after reboot it changes. How to change it without rebooting?

Edited by CKyHC

2 hours ago, NoelC said:

No need to log off; just make a window inactive (e.g., click on the desktop) then active again (by clicking on the window) to see title bar coloration updates.

-Noel

This works on normal windows, but for ribboned windows it's need to restart dwm... Looks like for this windows needed ModernFrame.dll, it reloads with dwm.exe restart.

3 hours ago, NoelC said:

You're right; I don't see a way past rebooting to affect the ribbon-enabled windows.

-Noel

Well, it's not neccesary to reboot. Just enough to restart dwm.exe process.

And now a small thing for those who like experiments:

http://glass8.eu/out/UxTSB-2016-10-22-dbg.7z

Important info for this build:

1) Install Aero Glass (and stop it from Task Scheduler, or just kill aerohost.exe process)
2) Replace DWMGlass.dll and aerohost.exe with files from this archive
3) Put UxTSB.dll into the same directory
4) Remove old UxThemeSignatureBypass DLL from registry, i.e. do NOT use AppInit_DLLs method!!!!
5) Start AeroGlass (from Task Scheduler)

It is experimental debug build to remove dependency on AppInit_DLLs! It may be unstable! It may corrupt your OS install! It displays the debug console!

Do NOT use if you don't want to use experimental stuff!

45 minutes ago, bigmuscle said:

And now a small thing for those who like experiments:

http://glass8.eu/out/UxTSB-2016-10-22-dbg.7z

Hmmm, let's try it now... Thanks!

P.S. It's only 64-bit? It's need to remove UxTSB32.dll from registry?

EDIT:

1st impressions: It works. Removed from App_Init UxTSB32.dll and UxTSBx64.dll. ModernFrame.dll is left in App_InitDLL for 64 bit.

Bugs:

1. Glow and selected color by AeroGUI tool on text of ribbon-enabled windows titles appears not after opening, but after resizing it or after several seconds and change something, f.e. select something on window by mouse...

2. Glow on text of modern apps titles disappeared at all. Color of title text of modern apps windows is black after opening 1st time same as ribbon-enabled windows and changes to seleted after resizing window or wait several seconds...

Edited by CKyHC

It's strange, but i can add glow for ribbon-enabled windows that way:

I use Aero 7 theme by sagorpirbd. It don't make glow for text on ribbon-enabled windows titles. With using any theme atlas from Noel's links, glow apeears... But i didn't like buttons from this atlases. With help of AeroGUI tool i exported theme atlas from applyed Aero 7 theme and saved him. After i apply them with GUI tool and glow appears!

Therefore i use Aero 7 theme with theme atlas from this theme. And glow works.

Question: Why this glow effect works only with any theme atlas and didn't work with theme from which this atlas was created?

Edited by CKyHC

Works great for me with custom themes, tried on the latest insider build VM, no glass effect as there are no symbols but UxTSB is working fine, thanks for taking the time to work on this mate :)