UxTheme Signature Bypass

bigmuscle

UxTheme service hook - Visual Theme Signature Bypass

Something to know?

Yes! There is one very important thing if you use Aero Glass for Win8.1! Due to certain DbgHelp.dll restriction, Aero Glass for Win8.1 won't able to load PDB symbols after you install UxThemeSignatureBypass.dll into your system. There is a simple workaround - just copy symsrv.dll from Aero Glass directory into your system directory (probably C:\Windows\System32). I will try to bring a fix for this in future version of Aero Glass for Win8.1, but I cannot promise that, because its a bit complicated.

Hi Big Muscle, does the UxThemeSignatureBypass DLL set and the 1.3.1 or beta 1.3.2 Aero Glass combo still have the above listed limitation?  And if so, can symsrv.dll be in another place in the path or is it required to be in System32?

Thanks.

-Noel

• 4 months later...

I have a problem with MMORPG "Rappelz":

Имя сбойного приложения: SFrame.exe, версия: 9.1.0.0, метка времени: 0x560d00b4
Имя сбойного модуля: UxTSB32.dll, версия: 1.1.0.0, метка времени: 0x54fc8726
Код исключения: 0xc000041d
Смещение ошибки: 0x000024a8
Идентификатор сбойного процесса: 0x1714
Время запуска сбойного приложения: 0x01d1091642058396
Путь сбойного приложения: D:\Games\Rappelz\SFrame.exe
Путь сбойного модуля: C:\PROGRA~1\AEROGL~1\UxTSB32.dll
Идентификатор отчета: 89de9d8c-7509-11e5-854d-000b0d0c132b
Полное имя сбойного пакета: 

Код приложения, связанного со сбойным пакетом:

Имя сбойного приложения: SplashLoading.exe, версия: 1.0.0.1, метка времени: 0x53acfd1b
Имя сбойного модуля: UxTSB32.dll, версия: 1.1.0.0, метка времени: 0x54fc8726
Код исключения: 0xc0000005
Смещение ошибки: 0x000024a8
Идентификатор сбойного процесса: 0x1a70
Время запуска сбойного приложения: 0x01d109164a4e397c
Путь сбойного приложения: D:\Games\Rappelz\SplashLoading.exe
Путь сбойного модуля: C:\PROGRA~1\AEROGL~1\UxTSB32.dll
Идентификатор отчета: 886f0297-7509-11e5-854d-000b0d0c132b
Полное имя сбойного пакета: 
Код приложения, связанного со сбойным пакетом: 

www.rzonline.ru

Link to crashdumps: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B97RaaKrBayBOTBUREZiNXhPblU/view?usp=sharing

• 1 month later...

I would like to use UxThemeSignatureBypass to run custom themes but I do not want to use Aeroglass.

Can someone give me some help in the installation of UxThemeSignatureBypass without having Aeroglass involved?

Thanks in advance, Undine.

I have read the whole thread several times but unsure about some things. Some people show changing several things in the registry. Some talk about a boot setting change.

How to install?
The only possible way to install it is using old injection method via AppInit_DLLs registry key.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows -> set AppInit_DLLs value to specific DLL for your OS (so select either xxx32.dll or xxx64.dll only!)

If I put UxThemeSignatureBypass64.dll into a folder at C:\UxThemeSignatureBypass64 and then change

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows -> set AppInit_DLLs value to.....C:\UxThemeSignatureBypass64

is this all that needs to be done?

Thanks for your help. undine

I have read the whole thread several times but unsure about some things. Some people show changing several things in the registry. Some talk about a boot setting change.

How to install?

The only possible way to install it is using old injection method via AppInit_DLLs registry key.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows -> set AppInit_DLLs value to specific DLL for your OS (so select either xxx32.dll or xxx64.dll only!)

If I put UxThemeSignatureBypass64.dll into a folder at C:\UxThemeSignatureBypass64 and then change

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows -> set AppInit_DLLs value to.....C:\UxThemeSignatureBypass64

is this all that needs to be done?

Thanks for your help. undine

you contradict yourself - if you put it in a folder in C; then you would have to add the folder name into the string - if you put it on the face of C: then your string should work - however if you are running the new release of 10 there is little point as 3rd party themes dont seem to work 

• 2 weeks later...

UxTheme Signature Bypass doesn't seem to work on Windows 10 x64 Th2 10586.14. I use this setting

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows]
"LoadAppInit_DLLs"=dword:00000001
"RequireSignedAppInit_DLLs"=dword:00000000
"AppInit_DLLs"="C:\\AeroGlass\\ModernFrame.dll,C:\\AeroGlass\\UxThemeSignatureBypass64.dll"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows]
"AppInit_DLLs"="C:\\AeroGlass\\ModernFrame.dll,C:\\AeroGlass\\UxThemeSignatureBypass32.dll"

I have the 2 UXThemeSignatureBypass dll files in C:\AeroGlass folder. When I apply any themes nothing happens.

Edited by daveo76

UxTheme Signature Bypass doesn't seem to work on Windows 10 x64 Th2 10586.14. I use this setting

"AppInit_DLLs"="C:\\AeroGlass\\ModernFrame.dll,C:\\AeroGlass\\UxThemeSignatureBypass64.dll"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows]

"AppInit_DLLs"="C:\\AeroGlass\\ModernFrame.dll,C:\\AeroGlass\\UxThemeSignatureBypass32.dll"

I have the 2 UXThemeSignatureBypass dll files in C:\AeroGlass folder. When I apply any themes nothing happens.

It sort of works, it does still bypass the theme signature but it wont let you apply custom themes in the personalization menu, it will still let you test themes using Windows Style Builder, the only current method that's working is to use patched theme files from 10240 but only themes made for TH2 10586 will work, if you try using an old theme you will end up with a flashing black and grey screen.

If BM can find out why it doesn't let you apply them in the personalization menu now it would be great as I hate having to use patched theme files from 10240.

I think MS might have made this intentional, not as a FU or anything, but I think they knew that people were using custom themes and Windows 8 themes and that if they didn't somehow disable the use of custom themes then there would be many people with bricked systems after the TH2 update, that's still not a great reason for it though because the changes in the msstyles that broke backwards compatibility seem so minor and I think they could have been much better implemented.

Tbh the msstyles is becoming a complete joke, there are so many left over parts in it dating all the way back to Vista, there are still parts from the Vista start menu and taskbar as well as random parts from the Windows 7 start menu and many random left overs from Windows 8, there is also now 3 different right click context menus.

Edited by MrGRiM

I think MS might have made this intentional, not as a FU or anything

Yes, as a FU to their customers.  They need to change the culture in order to take fleecing to the next level.  This involves ruining every current expectation, so that people are happy to pay for excrement.

-Noel

• 5 months later...

Hi can someoneplease help me

1. did the changes in resources folder and create structure for theme with aerolite.bak trick
2. installed aeroglass
3. unzipped uxthemesignaturebypass32 and 64.dll in c:\aeroglass
4. downloaded ModernFrame-W64-Release.dll renamed it to ModernFrame.dll. (was not there in first place, and i see in registery edit we have to make moderframe.dll)
5. changed in bios  uefi to other OS (i assume secure boot is off now) removed keys, bios says secure boot [disabled]

6. Tried several registery changes from earlier post with and without quotes

And still not working, winver 1511 10586.318 please help, using Mr Grim Poisen theme for 10586 which works with uxstyle

Edited by IIIdefconIII

Are we sure we dont need value DWMGlass.dll in LoadAppInit, sorry about double post, cant delete old one, instead of edit i used reply

I also read something about selecting windows default theme, then reboot then apply custom theme in theme settings. I tried this too

Edited by IIIdefconIII

ok so then its working, anyway i have one last problem, i have both my gtx 980 ti and onbaord gpu enabled with shared memory.
If i now drag a window on the intel gpu, the backgrournd flickers trough the window, on my main screen gttx 980 i dont have this problem, any toughts? didnt have this issue with uxstyle

I don't understand - how to apply custom theme with UxThemeSignatureBypass in Windows 10586.318.

In 8.1. all works fine. In W10 all registry values the same. Try to apply theme for W10 10586 from http://sagorpirbd.deviantart.com/art/Aero-7-Themes-for-Win10-Final-523979941

Nothing happens from Personalisation. Please help. I don't want to use UxStyle, i like UxThemeSignatureBypass.

In Windows 10 TH2 MS have "blocked" customs theme normal installation. To use them, go into %systemroot%\Resources\Themes\Aero and rename aerolite.msstyles into aerolite.mssstyles.bak
Then, create a folder named aerolite.msstyles at the same place and put all your customs theme into it.
Go back to the Themes folder and change in your .theme file the line %windir%\Resources\Themes\MyTheme\MyTheme.msstyles by %windir%\Resources\Themes\Aero\aerolite.msstyles\MyTheme\MyTheme.msstyles where MyTheme is the name of the custom theme.

That's all, normally the custom theme should apply ;)

Edited by MTDirector