Which firewall is Better ?

xenic

Which Internet Security Program is your Choise ?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which Internet Security Program is your Choise ?

• Norton Internet Security 2004
    • McAfee Internet Security 6

I am a home user and surf internet always ;

Beetween NIS 2004 & Mcafee Internet Security 6 from the "LAB TEST "[security, Antivirus,Privacy] and your experience which is Better ?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank You :)

-Norton Internet Security 2004

IU1470206-9.gif

-McAfee Internet Security 6

IU1470206-10.gif

Other: ZoneAlarm (Free)

Though if I had to choose between McAfee and Norton, from experience, I'd go with Norton's solution. All said though, ZoneAlarm works a charm and it's free...no brainer really...

I use NIS 2004. I got it OEM for £19, so the retail price as you can see is a bit extortionate.

It has given me a few probs, it blocks everything at first, it auto-configures program acess to the internet, but the user has to change settings to get LAN to work properly.

Also, when I play games such as American Conquest, I sometimes get a nasty warning telling me that either NIS or the integrated Norton AntiVirus has been tampered and needs to be re-installed. This is often solved by a restart, but is iritating and could be a problem if you are playing online.

There are a number of large program updates though, some of which might be bug fixes etc. I haven't had any recent problems and the included LiveUpdate software can automatically downlaod and install updates.

Otherwise, a great program, includes 1 year free AV update subscription with Symantec. Overall, very good, and if you buy the OEM version, not to expensive.

(Norton Internet Security 2004, Win XP Pro with all available updates)

linthius, have you ever used ZoneAlarm Pro before? If so, which did you prefer better, Outpost or ZonePro?

I just switched to Outpost and want to hear what people have to say about the two.