bigmuscle

@Noel my 8.1.1 x64 is fully up to date and i have 0 issues with glass8

so perhaps the updates only cause problems for those that don't have a key and therefor cannot auto download new symbols

Edited by truexfan81

Wow. I can't believe I was gone since January. Anyway, I decided to mess around with a 32 bit copy of the Windows

10 TP on my spare laptop. I discovered that the Windows 8 Release Preview theme STILL WORKS in Windows 10. But, the enhanced Alt-Tab function does not work, and all glitches from Windows 8.1, like the Jump Lists, are still there. However, the Start Menu still works, windowed modern apps and the search button also work.

To BigMuscle: The way you made the Win 10 start menu partially transparent looks on the site looks very nice! :thumbup

Picture of RP Theme on WIn 10 (If link does not work, try this one: http://1drv.ms/ZzFREV):

AeroRP%2010.png

what does your log say?

check that the machine code is the same as in your license panel and maybe redownload the key, maybe the file is broken or you mistakenly entered your machine code wrong..

Edited by My1

what does your log say?

check that the machine code is the same as in your license panel and maybe redownload the key, maybe the file is broken or you mistakenly entered your machine code wrong..

I copied from the POpUP window and paste it to wordpad, I double checked it today, no problem with the machine code.

How do I check my log?

Edited by Sputnik

go into the aero glass folder and open the file named debug.log and then scroll until the time where you installed your key. and add it in here but please use a spoiler tag, so it wont flood the whole page.

I must say, the only two things that stop me using Win 10 TP on my main desktop is the lack of Glass, and also the Lack of Media Centre (which is the successful way I could use my tv card). Interface really does make a difference, and currently, there are no technological advancements on Win 10. (I guess this post *could* be off topic!)

go into the aero glass folder and open the file named debug.log and then scroll until the time where you installed your key. and add it in here but please use a spoiler tag, so it wont flood the whole page.

Um, add what and where? :) You got to be a little more specific here... Thanks

simply said you copy the lines of your log from since you rebooted after you installed the key, start a reply, open a spoiler tag with the "special BBCode" button and then paste it in between.

Edited by My1

simply said you copy the lines of your log from since you rebooted after you installed the key, start a reply, open a spoiler tag with the "special BBCode" button and then paste it in between.

U0zxLlT.png

Is this correct file placement?

cfCtyKs.png

Here's my log after placing license.key file and PC reboot.

the file placement is correct and if you read through the logs, you can see the line invalid signature, I think you should redownload your key and overwrite the existing one, coz it seems corrupt.

We are surely directing to situation where "Aero Glass for Win8.x" will not be valid name. Any ideas how to tag it properly when Aero Glass for Win10 is available? There is big probability that Win8.1 and Win10 versions will be merged into one release, because there are only minor changes in Win10's DWM.

GlassIsBack?  :lol:

We are surely directing to situation where "Aero Glass for Win8.x" will not be valid name. Any ideas how to tag it properly when Aero Glass for Win10 is available? There is big probability that Win8.1 and Win10 versions will be merged into one release, because there are only minor changes in Win10's DWM.

GlassIsBack?  :lol:

I like the name "Glassisback"