bigmuscle

Yeah, same thing is happening to me too: "your dmw is incompatible with Aero glass, do you want to retry symbols downloading"

Im using v1.2.1, without donation. Was working fine before the update.

Its funny, cause BM says the following on the website: "Aero Glass for Win8.1 is fully working on Windows 8.1 Update 1 if appropriate public symbols are downloaded from Microsoft server. "

Downloading of symbols wasnt needed before...

Yeah, same thing is happening to me too: "your dmw is incompatible with Aero glass, do you want to retry symbols downloading"

Its funny, cause BM says the following on the website: "Aero Glass for Win8.1 is fully working on Windows 8.1 Update 1 if appropriate public symbols are downloaded from Microsoft server. "

Have you found a solution to this? I can't get into safe mode. I was going to try loading windows from the USB and doing a windows recovery

Have you found a solution to this? I can't get into safe mode. I was going to try loading windows from the USB and doing a windows recovery

Yeah, you gotta be fast enough to open the task manager and kill the aero glass process, then disable it in the task scheduler to not start with windows.

All we gotta do now is wait for BM to provide some support. The sooner the better. Lets hope for the sooner. :)

I am having a huge problem so any help is appreciated. I updated to update 1 and I can't get into the desktop because it keeps flashing "your dmw is incompatible with Aero glass, do you want to retry symbols downloading"

I literally can't log in to my desktop to do anything. I enter my password and it will log in but then kick me back out to the log in screen where the dmw will continue to flash.....

Any ideas?

1.Boot windows 8/8.1 usb stick OR disc.

2.Select Next, Repair Your Computer.

3.Select Troubleshoot, Advanced Options, Command Prompt,

4.Type Regedit and Press Enter.

5.Select HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, Than select File (It's above on Title Bar) Select Load Hive, This Pc.

6.Goto C:\Aeroglass and Delete DWMGlass.dll.

7.Close all boxes and Continue to Desktop.

8.READ:

Read Post #919

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/170850-aero-glass-for-win81-121/page-37#entry1073548

NOTES:

There is a NEW update that breaks Aeroglass so you need NEW symbols.

Edited by ace2

Task manager, kill aerohost.exe. Download Symbols, stick them in the symbols folder under where you have aero glass installed, reboot and profit.

I am having a huge problem so any help is appreciated. I updated to update 1 and I can't get into the desktop because it keeps flashing "your dmw is incompatible with Aero glass, do you want to retry symbols downloading"

I literally can't log in to my desktop to do anything. I enter my password and it will log in but then kick me back out to the log in screen where the dmw will continue to flash.....

Any ideas?

5.Select HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, Than select File (It's above on Title Bar) Select Load Hive, This Pc.

8.READ:

Read Post #919

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/170850-aero-glass-for-win81-121/page-37#entry1073548

NOTES:

Thanks a lot man, worked like a charm! Much appreciated!

None of those themes are Windows 8.1 Update 1 ready, Ace2. Hardly any themes have been updated to work properly. Animations are messed up in Metro apps and no context menu on tiles in the Start Screen.

And it's not really the devs fault as Windows Style Builder hasn't been updated to support compiling update 1 themes.

BTW I did that method to get glow on the default theme and it works great, thanks ace2!

It IS the devs fault. I have multiple themes that work perfectly fine with Update 1 with all functionality. It has nothing to do with WSB being updated. Try that Longhorn theme I linked. It works with Update 1 completely.

raiden89

I did try Longhorn theme you linked, it works well, but i didn't like the green lines all the way around the theme when you open explorer, e.g when opening Libraries or some thing. :crazy:

NOW IF that green lines were to be removed, i would use that theme. :w00t:

Edited by ace2

Any ideas?

8.READ:

Read Post #919http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/170850-aero-glass-for-win81-121/page-37#entry1073548

NOTES:

Okay so I completed these steps but now I am stuck at the please wait screen..

Nyc88

Turn the PC OFF and than ON again, to see if will boot to desktop.

If it will not boot to desktop than there is some other issue, which i can't help you with, e.g bad startup repair.

Am I reading above correctly - Win 8.1 Update 1 is taken care of in Aeroglass? I didn't realise until too late that KB2919355 was installing. Of course I could uninstall it again, but if A/G works OK then I wont bother.

Am in my Vista machine right now so can't check things out but at last boot 8.1 was giving a Command Prompt windows type error for A/G.

Am I reading above correctly - Win 8.1 Update 1 is taken care of in Aeroglass? I didn't realise until too late that KB2919355 was installing. Of course I could uninstall it again, but if A/G works OK then I wont bother.

Am in my Vista machine right now so can't check things out but at last boot 8.1 was giving a Command Prompt windows type error for A/G.

i would not suggest uninstalling that update, MS has announced that update KB2919355 will be required for all future updates, including security updates.