bigmuscle

Lol @ people "skipping the update" because it doesnt have much new/changed. Unless you've actually used it, stay silent. Those who have used it notice a lot of changes.

1. Power & search on start screen

2. Right click on tiles for desktop users

3. Minimize/close apps in the top right corner

4. Show Win8 apps on the taskbar

5. Desktop control panel link from PC Settings

6. Changes to the all apps view in Start

7. Show the taskbar while in Windows 8 apps using Winkey + T

There are plenty more under the hood changes as well like smaller system requirements, better memory management, etc. So, yeah. Go ahead and "skip" it, sheeple. The rest of us will move on with keeping our OS fast, reliable, and secure.

@BM: Check yaself. No one here is innocent of stealing anything, especially on the internet. Music, movies, TV shows, software, Windows, etc. Unless your slate is clean, don't throw stones.

I will wait for your update to Aero Glass for 8.1.1 like we all know you will do.

I have noticed all those changes and I don't care for any of them.

1. I have StartIsBack, don't need power on the start screen.

2. I hate this new implementation, I thought it was great just being able to right click on multiple pinned apps and then choose your action from the bar that appeared at the bottom, I can still do that by pressing space bar first but right click context menu is useless to me.

3. The new bar at the top just gets in the way, with the close threshold tweaks from Winaero http://winaero.com/comment.php?comment.news.218 it was very easy and intuitive using the mouse to pull apps down to close or sideways to split screens.

4. Never something I wanted, I prefer to have them hidden to the left and out of sight when on the desktop, who wants those ugly icons on the taskbar, first thing I did after the update on my VM was disable it.

5. I have a context menu link to the control panel on the desktop already so don't need it.

6. I have StartIsBack which already does a better job of this and has been one of the included features since it first appeared.

7, The only thing that I am missing and not bothered one bit and could never see myself using anyway.

"There are plenty more under the hood changes as well like smaller system requirements, better memory management, etc."

I have a plenty powerful Rig with 16GB of RAM, unless your upgrading some old outdated XP machine then who gives a crap about some miniscule improvement in memory management.

So, yeah. I will Go ahead and "skip" it, the rest of you can move on with eating your MS diarrhea thinking your making your OS faster, more reliable, and secure.

As for "Unless you've actually used it, stay silent" everyone is entitled to their opinion and this is mine so live with it.

Let's put this 'skipping' update 1 in another way.

If you skip update 1, you might as well skip updating Windows in the future and turn off Windows update etc. This is especially true if you think it's so perfect as is. You better turn off Windows Update, since if you have it on default settings it will install update 1 automatically when it is generally released.

I'm not saying you have to install it now, but if you don't install it once it is available officially through Windows Update, well, quite frankly, that would be stupid!

Let's put this 'skipping' update 1 in another way.

If you skip update 1, you might as well skip updating Windows in the future and turn off Windows update etc. This is especially true if you think it's so perfect as is. You better turn off Windows Update, since if you have it on default settings it will install update 1 automatically when it is generally released.

I'm not saying you have to install it now, but if you don't install it once it is available officially through Windows Update, well, quite frankly, that would be stupid!

You don't have to install every update available, if that was the case then MS wouldn't give you the option to be notified and select the updates you want installed in the first place, you can still install all the other rollups, security patches and so on without the need for this "feature pack" that just changes the features I liked anyway, some people I know never install Windows updates and none of them have ever had any problems with their PC's, if it does come to a point where my OS is broken because I haven't installed this update then yeah I might consider it essential, but at the end of the day this is MY PC and I will use it the way I want and if you think that's "stupid" well that's your problem.

Edited by MrGRiM

There are plenty more under the hood changes as well like smaller system requirements, better memory management, etc. So, yeah. Go ahead and "skip" it, sheeple. The rest of us will move on with keeping our OS fast, reliable, and secure.

Hahahahahahahhahahaha

Edited by intika

MrGrim, if the update does not break anything you use (AeroGlass will be updated) and you even admit one aspect is an improvement WTF is the point in skipping it when you well know under the hood will be bug fixes and security fixes?

I for one would prefer MS block PC's not updated from going online apart from to WU 1st after a period of time a major update is released.

Once they install the SP or major security updates then can go back to normal use.

All the n00bs with PC's that are not protected (I will not run SP1/SP2 etc etc) are making it worse for others, basically zombie PC's

Edited by helmutcheese

Lol @ people "skipping the update" because it doesnt have much new/changed. Unless you've actually used it, stay silent. Those who have used it notice a lot of changes.

1. Power & search on start screen

2. Right click on tiles for desktop users

3. Minimize/close apps in the top right corner

4. Show Win8 apps on the taskbar

5. Desktop control panel link from PC Settings

6. Changes to the all apps view in Start

7. Show the taskbar while in Windows 8 apps using Winkey + T

@BM: Check yaself. No one here is innocent of stealing anything, especially on the internet. Music, movies, TV shows, software, Windows, etc. Unless your slate is clean, don't throw stones.

I will wait for your update to Aero Glass for 8.1.1 like we all know you will do.

I have noticed all those changes and I don't care for any of them.

1. I have StartIsBack, don't need power on the start screen.

2. I hate this new implementation, I thought it was great just being able to right click on multiple pinned apps and then choose your action from the bar that appeared at the bottom, I can still do that by pressing space bar first but right click context menu is useless to me.

3. The new bar at the top just gets in the way, with the close threshold tweaks from Winaero http://winaero.com/comment.php?comment.news.218 it was very easy and intuitive using the mouse to pull apps down to close or sideways to split screens.

4. Never something I wanted, I prefer to have them hidden to the left and out of sight when on the desktop, who wants those ugly icons on the taskbar, first thing I did after the update on my VM was disable it.

5. I have a context menu link to the control panel on the desktop already so don't need it.

6. I have StartIsBack which already does a better job of this and has been one of the included features since it first appeared.

7, The only thing that I am missing and not bothered one bit and could never see myself using anyway.

"There are plenty more under the hood changes as well like smaller system requirements, better memory management, etc."

I have a plenty powerful Rig with 16GB of RAM, unless your upgrading some old outdated XP machine then who gives a crap about some miniscule improvement in memory management.

So, yeah. I will Go ahead and "skip" it, the rest of you can move on with eating your MS diarrhea thinking your making your OS faster, more reliable, and secure.

As for "Unless you've actually used it, stay silent" everyone is entitled to their opinion and this is mine so live with it.

As a visual style developer you may want to consider staying updated, especially seeing how most of your themes don't actually support Windows 8.1 correctly in the first place let alone update 1.

Sorry if that comes off as a bit harsh, but your 8.1 themes are nothing more than 8 themes that barely work at best, they all contain a rather nasty jump list bug. It's a shame you have this I don't care attitude, especially since your work is some of the best I've seen, if only it was kept up to date for proper support it would be even better.

Aero Glass v1.2 worked fine for me. But after installing the leaked Update 1 for Win8.1, Aero Glass works no more! Please fix this issue!

Yes, and it never will. I will not fix it.

That's unfortunate, because once update 1 is released officially it will be essentially a requirement to have installed

I don't think there is much new or exciting about this update, I am considering skipping it tbh, the only new thing it does worth mentioning is add the ability to pin store apps to the taskbar, doesn't seem a big deal to me as I hardly ever use them and if I have opened apps I am fine with then being listed on the left hand side out of sight. The only other big change with this update is updated support for Ultra HD monitors and I don't see myself being able to afford one of those for a few years yet.

MrGrim what motivated me to go ahead and grab the update was the fact that the OS only uses 1GB ram after the update. I am running win8.1 x64, my mobo is maxed out at 4GB, so i decided that it was worth giving up glass8 for a month or so, to go ahead and get that much more ram back for games, etc to use.

Too bad anyone who tries to get it at this point..... is out of luck UNTIL April. The direct download links were taken down, The secret registry key hack doesn't work. Not even the MSU Files work (for me I guess idk if anyone else has that issue but me at this point.) Ah well. I can still wait out the month.

BM, sh/peeples,

my transparencies are workingm fine but for the last week or so my minimize maximize, close explorer buttons are showing up as transparent and as ghosted.

anybody else having this issue? tnx

hello, i have some problems with glass8

im using windows 8.1 x64.

when i install it, the taskbar stays transparent but it has no reflection and blur or any kind of effects by glass8, and the window borders become rounded but i didnt even check the "install glass resource" in the installer. I have already tried with custom themes like Snowy 8.1, but the taskbar is still not blurred. Some pages ago there was a reply that said the Opaque Taskbar app (or smth like this) will help so i installed it and my taskbar became blurred and had reflection but its color was not like the window border's color.

so somebody can help me with a tutorial on how to install and configure this app properly?

thanks

so somebody could help?

I didn't comment using illegal software. I just commented that you install non-official leaked software, create your own false licensing conditions and then you demand us to support this software too.

hello, i have some problems with glass8

im using windows 8.1 x64.

when i install it, the taskbar stays transparent but it has no reflection and blur or any kind of effects by glass8, and the window borders become rounded but i didnt even check the "install glass resource" in the installer. I have already tried with custom themes like Snowy 8.1, but the taskbar is still not blurred. Some pages ago there was a reply that said the Opaque Taskbar app (or smth like this) will help so i installed it and my taskbar became blurred and had reflection but its color was not like the window border's color.

so somebody can help me with a tutorial on how to install and configure this app properly?

thanks

so somebody could help?
Sorry, but taskbar blurring has already been discussed milliontimes. I believe that finding this information is much faster than registering into the forum.

I have Taskbar Blur, look back a few pages for screenie.

Not sure why but I do not use this same way as most, I simply install a MS theme with a white/greyish Taskbar (horrid) and when I run AeroGlass it looks a funny blue colour then I tick a box in ClassicShell and I get a Vista type Dark Blurry Taskbar and I am happy.

I then mess with setting to make ClassicShell set Start Menu to near same colour and my Windows still have a nice blue edge so the Text in Title bars is visible without messing with it.

Edited by helmutcheese

Dear Thread Starter,

Would you please upgrade your paypal account to accept the payments via UnionPay credit cards(if possible and without much trouble)?

Due to not having any Master or Visa card, I cant' make any donation.

Thanks a lot.