bigmuscle

bigmuscle,

I am running the 11/17 build now.

I am testing on both win 10 9879 and win 8.1.1. on dual boot machine with 64-bit versions.

With both, I have no debug log for today, and believe aerohost is not running at startup at all.

In win 10, trying to execute aerohost brings up the warning strip to contact developer, etc...

In win 8, it does not execute at all.

NoelC, Dreamweaver01: do you test it on Win8.1 or Win10? Does aerohost.exe keep running or does it close immediately after startup? Could you try executing aerohost.exe just outside of Task Scheduler to see whether it displays "You need system account blah blah" message or it stucks earlier...

btw public release will be delayed - one week for each one My1's useless post.

I just tested in Win10 TP (x64) Build 9879.

It says it's ready in Task Secedular but never shows up in Task Manager.

If I right click to run in AeroGlass while in Task Secedular it says it's running

but still not showing up in Task Manager.

Your old version for 9860 works fine.

No stress, it is my mistake in PHP script which corrupts the file during the download. I'm fixing it as soon as possible :)

That's good news.  Sometimes it's the little things that bite you in the rear...  :-)

-Noel

If I right click to run in AeroGlass while in Task Secedular it says it's running

I noticed the status is no longer reliably updated in the Task Scheduler Libraries window.  You need to hit F5, at which point you'll see it's gone back to Ready status.

Yet another thing Microsoft has messed up lately.

-Noel

No stress, it is my mistake in PHP script which corrupts the file during the download. I'm fixing it as soon as possible :)

EDIT: it should be ok now.. just redownload.

I redownloaded and it's working fine now in Win8.1 Update 1.

It now shows your watermark and I have the correct donation.key.

I will try it in Win10 TP when I have more time.

Thanks

Edit:

I finally installed in Win10 (x64) TP Build 9879 and all seems well.

The only difference was I had to use my own CustomThemeReflection.png

in order to get the reflection (stripes).

I didn't need to do that in Win8.1.

Thanks again for all your great work.

Edited by Dreamweaver01

I noticed the status is no longer reliably updated in the Task Scheduler Libraries window.  You need to hit F5, at which point you'll see it's gone back to Ready status.

Yet another thing Microsoft has messed up lately.

-Noel

Thanks, Noel.

There's a new download which seems to work fine now.

Hm, I don't seem to see any sensitivity to the ColorizationColorInactive setting.

But it's okay, I have a livable desktop now through manipulations in my FauxBordersRoundedCorners.png theme atlas file. 

Big Muscle, I'd call your implementation a real success (and still sorely needed).  I can tell you this:  I will never adopt Windows 10 without being able to change the desktop appearance as I am able to do with Aero Glass.

Have you decided what to call it?  Just "Aero Glass for Windows" maybe?  Have you considered turning it into a real commercial product?

-Noel