bigmuscle

I have the paid private one. It still will not work....

In such case:

Could you enable the verbose logging? (See the guide how to do it) Provide debug.log then. Check that your internet connection to MS servers is not blocked, dbghelp.dll and symsrv.dll files are present in C:\AeroGlass folder and ensure that this folder (and also C:\AeroGlass\symbols) has the permission to be written by everyone. Many people install Aero Glass into Program files (although the guide says not to do it), which is not writable by DWM !!!

I wonder if Microsoft's symbol servers may be temporarily overloaded.  Different members here saw the successful completion of symbol downloads for Win 10 at vastly different times.

-Noel

32Bit preview works so far. I was not able to the symbols via symchk, I created a dmp of the running DWM, opened it in Windbg and used .reload /f /v to pull all symbols to get the 3 symbols I need.

Looks like the "Metro Apps" now have all the time a black title bar?

Win10TP_Build9860_Aero_32Bit.png

Or is this only for me?

32Bit preview works so far. I was not able to the symbols via symchk, I created a dmp of the running DWM, opened it in Windbg and used .reload /f /v to pull all symbols to get the 3 symbols I need.

Looks like the "Metro Apps" now have all the time a black title bar?

Win10TP_Build9860_Aero_32Bit.png

Or is this only for me?

look at post #2482.....

Those apps render the whole titlebar on their own (its color seems to be something from the theme). There is a registry settings not to do it, but when I change it, modern apps don't start at all due to Access violation in ApplicationFrameHost.exe