bigmuscle

Can you help me get big muscles? 

and have made a donation of labor health 'aero windows everything right edge of the beautiful blur effects. aero windows on the lower floor to follow the transition alone could not, photos are attached 

Thank you for your attention.

post-394242-0-97683700-1402902242_thumb.

post-394242-0-75908700-1402902252_thumb.

Can you help me get big muscles? 

and have made a donation of labor health 'aero windows everything right edge of the beautiful blur effects. aero windows on the lower floor to follow the transition alone could not, photos are attached 

Thank you for your attention.

So I finally managed to donate by purschasing a Paypal recharge from a local gaming site via bank deposit. I donated enough to get 2 keys, which is good news cuz a back up always comes in handy.

Even if it was kind of a difficult process, I had no problem at all after I made the donation itself, and the program works like a charm.

Here is what my baby's desktop looks like now:

Desktop1_zpse5d7b3c2.png

Desktop2_zps8bcae4b9.png

As you can see, I also installed the Aero 8.1 theme from http://xxinightxx.deviantart.com , Classic Shell, NewOldExplorer, Charms Bark Killer and Win Flip in order to recreate the 7 experience as closely as possible.

Edited by Miguel_S

Hello bigmuscle, I come from China, English is not very good,I want to open private version,because in China can't use paypal donations,today I am to let my friend help with the account that he pay it, direct payment to your account, I give you hair mail, My friend's Payment account is :a511250471@gmail.com    My E-mail is:  suxinran521@hotmail.com

I will check it and then I will add you to the database so you can generate your key on the website.

Waiting for your good news !

Big Muscle, your GUI configuration tool got me to try out white Title Bar text again.  Last time I tried it I didn't do enough to give it a fair chance.  But having a GUI to tweak the color made easy enough to try again.

Doing these other things helped integrate the experience better:

1.  I reworked my theme atlas to have a dark "glow" that's composited behind Title Bar text.

2.  I had to reconfigure Classic Shell's Classic Internet Explorer piece to also make the text white and the "glow" dark.

Since I like fairly transparent borders and since my desktop backgrounds are always dark (astroimages), I think that the white text is actually overall a bit more readable.  It's growing on me.  Thanks again, Big Muscle, for making my desktop a bit easier to use.

Remaining issues where integration is not perfect (not the fault of Aero Glass for Win 8.1):

A.  WIndows with ribbon bars don't composite the title text in the same way as other windows.  I know that a theme change could fix this, but even though I use a custom theme atlas, I have avoided a full-fledged theme replacement so far on the general principle that running less software is better.  I've set Explorer (via Classic Shell's configuration) to show the path in the address bar anyway, and I only rarely use WordPad, so practically speaking it's not that bothersome.

B.  Microsoft Office 365 has rolled its own UI all in its client space and doesn't make the kind of composited borders that Aero Glass works with at all..  So the Title Bar text in Outlook, Word, etc. is still black on a light background, and the windows do not throw shadows.  It's ridiculous of Microsoft to break their own desktop standards this way, and I know of no one who likes the look of Office nowadays.

C.  Visual Studio also has it's own "borderless" UI as well, but at least I can set it to have a dark theme, so it's not as intrusive.  Still, it would be nice if the title text was brighter and the windows threw shadows.

You can see how it comes together here:

AeroGlassWhiteTitles.png

-Noel

Hello, I have a problem here.

Transparency and blur effect does not work on selected window.

This problem is present since the 8.1 release.

No registry values modified.

Debug log seems to be normal.

Help please? Thanks.

Louis, have you downloaded the latest Aero Glass for Win 8.1 software?  The version for Win 8.0 doesn't work on 8.1.  You have to install the latest.

If that's not it...  Are you running on battery?

-Noel

bigmuscle, can you please make it default (like it used to be) where there is transparency still on during battery, or make an option during (or after) instillation for having transparency during battery?

Having transparency turned off while on battery isn't logical in the sense of downloading this software in the first place.

is UAC required for glass8? i disabled it on my netbook and now when it tries to start i get:

[2014-06-16 21:21:47][0x6A0:0x6A4] Module: C:\Users\philip\Downloads\AeroGlass\win81_x86_1.2.5\dwmglass.dll
[2014-06-16 21:21:47][0x6A0:0x6A4] Failed to inject DLL.
[2014-06-16 21:26:43][0x6A0:0x6A4] Failed to inject DLL.

Not a bad idea.  I don't see the green when hovering over the button on the active window, though - just with an inactive window.

-Noel

I see mine on both. Did you sign out and back in? That is what I had to do.

is UAC required for glass8?

No.  I disabled UAC (EnableLUA = 0) long ago and Aero Glass works fine here.

Wolfshadow, I did not log out; I used BigMuscle's GUI tool and thought it would replace everything.  Apparently it didn't.

-Noel