bigmuscle

Hi big muscle,

I installed Aero Glass onto a laptop (Asus X550c running Windows 81. Pro) and created the relevant Licence key file (installed into the Aero Glass folder); however, Aero Glass does not appear to work.

I have enabled debugging and have attached the debug log.

Thanks.

TD.

debug.zip

Tony, though I am not the author I took a quick glance through your debug.log...  I don't see anything obvious wrong.  Looks like it's working.

What is the symptom you're seeing that makes you feel it's not working?

If you're not seeing translucency, have you checked to see if your Color Intensity setting is not maxed?  Right-click your desktop, choose Personalize, then click on the Color link near the bottom.

-Noel

Noel,

Yes, I'm not seeing translucency on the title bars of windows.

I'll check the Color Intensity as you suggest when I fire the laptop up later.

Next problem is changing my profile name as I stupidly put my e-mail address in twice when I registered; once for profile name and once for e-mail address.

Thanks.

TD>

Try running the laptop on mains power.

By default the Aero Glass effect is disabled on battery.  There's a registry entry that changes that - check the guide on BigMuscle's new web site.

-Noel

I don't know what the developer is expecting really... I donated 1€ and taking into account that this is a free-time project with no guaranteed support I don't see why that donation isn't acceptable. Even if PayPal takes 50 cents in fees (which they don't), it still is a good value, and I don't know why I didn't get a key. If you don't want to commercialize this, fine, but at least give a key to everyone who donates you money... I find that policy really shady, and I don't feel encouraged at all to donate again. Good luck with the project though...

Edited by jbernardo

I wanted to make some changes, but local internet provider works like a s*** so at least I managed to make it work in old state. So new URL is http://www.glass8.eu and I will make additional changes when my internet connection works properly.

Decided to check in this morning and woke up to this great news, thanks for your work man! Generated my new key without any problems. 

Just an FYI for those of you running RAID systems - do NOT break and recreate your RAID arrays, unless you don't mind having to generate a new key. Doing so will change your machine ID, even with the same hard drives. 

Edited by frankie90

I donated some money to get a key but got none! :(

From how much will I get a key?

More than 1€ from the sound of it.  :angel

What would it cost to buy Big Muscle a beer (and not the cheapest swill but something you'd be proud to buy a friend in person)?

Only you can decide how much a product like this is worth to you.  I'd suggest it gives more than 1€ in value, though.  It's good software.

-Noel

I find it a bit appalling that he's asking for more than that... Taking into account you can get games for that price at Steam Sales for example! Or even other projects that are much more forgiving when it comes to donations. But ok, if it's a bit more than 1€, if you could tell me how much would get me a key by PM I'd much appreciate it.

Per website..

• Is it possible to support the development by a donation?
  • Yes, this is possible and if your donation has a meaningful value for the development, you may receive a limited number of keys.

I find it a bit appalling that he's asking for more than that... Taking into account you can get games for that price at Steam Sales for example! Or even other projects that are much more forgiving when it comes to donations. But ok, if it's a bit more than 1€, if you could tell me how much would get me a key by PM I'd much appreciate it.

I don't know how much a euro is worth these days.  Probably not much, but I would donate something like $15 if I could.