bigmuscle

This has been posted on here Before, but I also think a thread for 8.1 Aero Glass correct tweaks and settings, Correct way of Installing and uninstalling, with a downloadable .pdf tutorial would be a good a idea, instead of having to Keep going over the same things everytime..

~DP  :whistle:

You have already been told, several times now, that what you need to do to get it to look the way you want is to get a new theme that's designed to give you the borderless look you want.  Altering border sizes is not something Aero Glass for Win 8.1 does.

Though Big Muscle toyed with this functionality during development, facilitating a theme change is also not within the purview of things that Aero Glass for Win 8.1 does.  

Perhaps starting a separate thread, explaining your wants thoroughly, and requesting just the right theme is something you should try.

FYI, Big Muscle did at one time release a separate tool that could be employed to get Windows to allow a theme change, even against Microsoft's wishes.  I don't know where you can find it; I don't use it myself.

-Noel

I still don't understand how the posts I just made don't  make it clear enough  that I already have a custom theme that makes borders transparent and that I already sized borders as small as possible, with the blur effect still being noticeable, because you can't get rid of borders entirely as it has been posted before with a theme, neither can you make them so small that they are gone.

And, no, I don't think the question I made deserves a thread of its own, because it is a small issue and it is related to the glass tool that BigMuscle made. All I'm asking is if there is a way to get rid of BLUR, not borders, either by changing a setting in BigMuscle's program similar to setting the corner radius, or by another mean if possible. That's all I'm requesting and if there truly isn't a way to do that, just tell me and I will stop asking. Thanks.

Edited by c80n

You've been told how to get rid of blur entirely (the BlurDeviation setting), but however you set it, Aero Glass blurs the same amount everywhere the glass attribute is set - the same on the sides and bottom as the title bar.  And it doesn't appear anyone besides you expects/wants that to change.

What other information are you missing?

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

c80n,

I have to agree on most of the comments made for your situation. AeroGlass allows for blur to transparency of the window dynamics. But to a point.

There are two ways to control theming.

One is by using a theme atlas with AG. You link to it using the initial setup and the atlas that comes with AG, or by using the registry setting to point to it. It is used with the Windows standard aero themes and affects only certain areas of the 'window'.

The other is to use a 3rd party theme. However, it may be locked against blur/transparency settings and can only be changed by using a program  called Windows Style Builder. With it, you change attributes and metrics of many parts of the desktop and other items. But even this has some limitations. Some areas cannot be changed and is controlled by system files.

I believe what NoelC is getting at is this thread is already long and asking similar situations makes it longer, especially if the issue has been addressed but the question still remains.

Hope this helps.

Generating keys is not currently possible because BerliOS developer website is being closed and it is not possible to connect to their database from the outside. I am going to buy external hosting for this software and will set it up there, just please be patient, it can take some time.

As BigMuscle said only 9 days ago, be patient grasshopper.

Read above on #1581 BigMuscle said "I am going to buy external hosting for this software and will set it up there", BM has been awol,  probably my guess he is super busy setting up his site all over again, and the more we ask the longer it will take.

It's nice of folks to offer to help.  I imagine finding this tool and wanting to donate and get a donation key - then finding out you just missed the opportunity - feels frustrating.  I'm sure patience will be rewarded.  Not like THIS particular grasshopper, though...  :crazy:

Chr_hopper.gif

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

Ok, my two cents worth.

Being in the web business, it will take some time for BM to get everything set up. His hardest will probably be getting a domain name that someone else has not got. On a domain check, aeroglass.com is taken, however aeroglassbybigmuscle.com is available.

Next, it will depend on what he had on berlios. If it was normal html or php structure, he can upload to the new host in a short amount of time. If not, then he will have to code out new pages or have someone else do it. If using Wordpress, or any other CM, his host has to meet certain minimum requirements to run properly. Then testing and more testing.

He has to wait as the domain is 'populated' on the web. That can take up to 24 hours.

He has to set up a database that will work with his license generator program among other things. Again testing.

Lots to do, so you may want to give him a break, and be patient.

The site shut down? (http://glass8.berlios.de)

What time can be recovered  . If necessary, I can donate the server.

I don't think that is what he wants to do, as I could have done the same. He wants to do his own on a hosting site. There are benefits to doing this. Chief among them is support for his account and site.

I personally use and advocate GoDaddy as being rock solid with a very responsive support team. In all the years they have been up, they have only experienced one DDNS attack. And most of their servers were back up and running 100% in three hours!

Read above on #1581 BigMuscle said "I am going to buy external hosting for this software and will set it up there", BM has been awol,  probably my guess he is super busy setting up his site all over again, and the more we ask the longer it will take.

Asking questions will not make the site go up a longer wait. If he  sees a question that "needs" to be addressed, I'm sure he will be on and answer it. In the meantime, as NoelC put it: "Patience Grasshopper, patience".

Asking questions will not make the site go up a longer wait. If he  sees a question that "needs" to be addressed, I'm sure he will be on and answer it. In the meantime, as NoelC put it: "Patience Grasshopper, patience".

Well it won't make the wait longer, but it will make this thread longer and more crowded with non-useful posts, (like this one. :) ), so it will make it more aggravating for BM to find/notice posts that actually need his attention.

Cheers and Regards

Big Muscle does not OWE any of us anything, As he has said many times he does Aero Glass for the enjoyment of doing so and in his free time and and not because he has to, so this sense of entitlement attitude along with constant asking and whining will not get his new site up and running any sooner, If BM were to decide to end all work on his Aero Glass project today then that would be in his right and we should ALL be glad and appreciate all the hard work of what he has created for all of us to enjoy thus far. 

Easy does it DosP, what you say is so true. But you know how some might misconstrue that statement. There are many who will start thinking in the wrong direction..... :unsure:

And yes bphlpt, this thread is long and getting longer as we linger here. Sometimes these threads seem to take on a life of their own. :lol:

I for one would like to see bigmuscle do as he said at one point and close this one and then start a new one. And I might point out that he is on other forums as well. MSFN may be his home right now, but other groups also have threads on AeroGlass that he responds too as well.