bigmuscle

That's possible.  I probably don't have any transparency dialed-in for that.

Speaking of which...  Weren't you going to make inactive window coloration (other than the transparency) subject to a setting in the registry?  I've never been able to make any difference in the inactive frame color; I'd like to make it darker.

I'm supposed to be using the ColorizationColorInactive registry value for that, right?

-Noel

:blink:  Windows 10? since when did this happen.. i did not even see 9 and you have 10 man time flies by i been using windows 8.1 pro for 1year now but since they removed the start menu and alot of other features i don't really like it but im still using it this is my default laptop for daily use glad that there is startisback wich gives the 7 feeling back. but if that screenshot is really 10 they make it look even worse but they returned the start menu haha.

They skipped 9, and 10 is in early previews.

If you're not an incurably curious early adopter like some of the rest of us you can just ignore it for now.

Most of the 3rd party tools to make Windows 8.1 better also make Windows 10 better.

-Noel

They skipped 9, and 10 is in early previews.

If you're not an incurably curious early adopter like some of the rest of us you can just ignore it for now.

Most of the 3rd party tools to make Windows 8.1 better also make Windows 10 better.

-Noel

i think it's actualy cool windows 10 with start menu but i just don't like the apps i like the normal windows 7 version startmenu but if i need apps i can switch via startisback.

I'm using Windows 10 Build 9879 and this is how I got aero glass setup. The start menu is "classic shell" which I tried to make it look like Windows 10 start menu, for firefox I use a addon called "GlassMyFox", and have the taskbar blurred. I never have any trouble with BigMuscle's aero glass. Now if I could find a way to make windows explorer come up whole aero glass look

Speaking of which...  Weren't you going to make inactive window coloration (other than the transparency) subject to a setting in the registry?  I've never been able to make any difference in the inactive frame color; I'd like to make it darker.

I'm supposed to be using the ColorizationColorInactive registry value for that, right?

-Noel

I was pretty surprised it does not work so I had to check it more deeply. It works but only on 32-bit system. On 64-bit DWM 9879, the required function is inline thus it is not hooked correctly. I will not update it now, because inlining is the feature of the compiler, so this can change again with any upcoming build.

And how to make any window transparent? It has already been described here and info can be found in the guide too: http://glass8.eu/guide.html (at the bottom).

Big Muscle. Answer. WHEN WILL U IMPLEMENT THE START MENU AS SHOWN ON UR SITE ?

I am not Start menu developer.

Is it normal that areoglass uses like 300 MB of VRAM (v1.3.1)? just noticed it on startup, and no programs where open yet. It kind of makes a differences in games that use a lot of VRAM so I have to disable it every time I want to play a game.

No, it is not normal. How did you detect that? How do you know that this memory is allocated by Aero Glass itself?

By looking how much vram is used in total, then closing aerohost and dwm so it doesn't re-launch and looking at the vram usage again. 

There was 2.57 GB of vram being used with only chrome and visual studio open, after closing aerohost and re-launching dwm it was only 672 MB. 

Using nvidia surround at 3240x1920 resolution, not sure if it's related to that. 

Edited by lvh1

I am asking how is Big Muscle making the right side of Windows 10 Start Menu transparent on his 9879 while normally it is not seen to happen. I AM SURPRISED WHY MUSCLE NEVER ANSWERS THIS OBVIOUS QUESTION.

I am asking how is Big Muscle making the right side of Windows 10 Start Menu transparent on his 9879 while normally it is not seen to happen. I AM SURPRISED WHY MUSCLE NEVER ANSWERS THIS OBVIOUS QUESTION.

calm down and stop shouting please. It's annoying...

By looking how much vram is used in total, then closing aerohost and dwm so it doesn't re-launch and looking at the vram usage again. 

There was 2.57 GB of vram being used with only chrome and visual studio open, after closing aerohost and re-launching dwm it was only 672 MB. 

Using nvidia surround at 3240x1920 resolution, not sure if it's related to that. 

At such resolution, it should take around 30 MB VRAM, but I'm not sure what nVidia surround is. If it is several displays where each one has 3240x1920 then you need to multiply standard memory usage by the number of displays.

EDIT: when the VRAM usage goes high again, could you create minidump and upload it? I will check whether the resource manager does not allocate some unnecessary resources.

I already answered that:

And how to make any window transparent? It has already been described here and info can be found in the guide too: http://glass8.eu/guide.html (at the bottom).

Edited by bigmuscle

Yeah, it does not look so good on the build 9879. It probably takes inactive frame color.

win10_9879.png

I have 9879 and Start Menu is not transparent like you. What did u do?

This has been discussed on here b4 as bigmuscle said:

msfn forum        => http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/163570-aero-glass-for-win81-rtm-rc3/page-35

msdn.microsoft  => http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa969537(v=vs.85).aspx

classic shell       => http://www.classicshell.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2050&view=next

~DP