bigmuscle

weird. I have win8 pro myself.

should I maybe help via teamViewer or alike?

i   got it guysz! well actualy heres the thing i have 2 laptops and 1 pc on 1 laptop im using right know i just went to my pc and installed from official site on the pc so i think this does not work on laptops yep only explanation i can think of i mean lol i installed on pc boem in seconds i saw the transparency/aero so eather this does not work on laptop users or again im doing something wrong but as i said it worked on pc in seconds so whats up laptop problem or not supported for laptops i think anyways @My1 that's cool if you use pc than yes thats difrent laptop not work for me. 

weird. I have win8 pro myself.

should I maybe help via teamViewer or alike?

i   got it guysz! well actualy heres the thing i have 2 laptops and 1 pc on 1 laptop im using right know i just went to my pc and installed from official site on the pc so i think this does not work on laptops yep only explanation i can think of i mean lol i installed on pc boem in seconds i saw the transparency/aero so eather this does not work on laptop users or again im doing something wrong but as i said it worked on pc in seconds so whats up laptop problem or not supported for laptops i think anyways @My1 that's cool if you use pc than yes thats difrent laptop not work for me. 

Works perfectly fine on a laptop. I just bought a new Lenovo Y40 running Win 8.1 64bit and installed AeroGlass 1.3.1 without issue. 

Your laptop is simply messed up by previously used cracked version, that' all.

really even thought i removed it completly ow well never mind thanks for the help guys i tried cause im using this laptop atm and wanted aero but yea not gonna happen i see,

well those things are quite annoying. try a system restore to the point before the cracked aero. or if you have much time do a refresh, but then your desktop software will be lost, so be careful

well those things are quite annoying. try a system restore to the point before the cracked aero. or if you have much time do a refresh, but then your desktop software will be lost, so be careful

no i don't think this is necessary i have custom themes and songs videos i do not want to lose anyways what about ''regedit' is there leftovers from aero glass instalation.. or the crack where do the installed lefovers go there is nothing anymore no folder in C:\Program Files  or  C:\Program Files (x86)

Hmmm. Maybe do a registry clean with a cleaner but be careful, since doing things wrong can hurt...

Btw a Refresh doesn't affect your files. Just your desktop software and system mods.

Edited by My1

Hmmm. Maybe do a registry clean with a cleaner but be careful, since doing things wrong can hurt...

Btw a Refresh doesn't affect your files. Just your desktop software and system mods.

so i went to regedit did a searh for aero glass  and found this

Untitled-1_zps9b3adb8a.png

Not sure if i should remove it?

Hello bigmuscle,

I am not/no longer seeing the window caption glow effect in Explorer windows (though other applications are working fine).

[...]

I thought this was working in v1.2.5 but maybe I am mistaken?  [...]

I guess I will need to use the Socratic method with myself to divine the answer here...  Let me start out by saying that I did search for an answer to this issue before that initial post, with no success.  And now I've found another thread here where "bullocks" asked basically the same question:

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/170233-aero-glass-themeatlas/page-3#entry1088004

bigmuscle, you replied to that question with basically "RTFM" and a pointer back to your second post in this thread, which I see (after re-reading) states:

• Windows with extended glass frame render their captions on their own and thus DWM (and neither my Aero Glass) cannot influence whether the glow effect is rendered behind them.

However nowhere do I find an explanation that (some?) Explorer windows (apparently?) fall into this category.  Even the Guide on your Aero Glass for Windows 8 website doesn't make this clear IMO.

Thankfully "MTDirector" replied to "bullocks" with what I think is the key here:

It's normal, all ribbon (my emphasis) windows don't use theme atlas glow but another glow in the visual style. If you want glow in ribbon windows, you must install UxStyle and use a custom theme on your system ;)

I do recall tweaking the default window View on my Win8.1 system with regards to how the Ribbon is displayed.  Maybe this is why I'm no longer seeing glow in my Explorer window captions?  Or maybe this has never worked at all (Ribbon or not) and I'm just confused or recalling things incorrectly.  In any case, some clarification on this issue in your Guide and the initial posts in this thread would probably help.  Thanks...

cute.. now i got this error while retrying instalation 

sss_zpsfc96fc97.png

i give up! anyways this works on my pc so nevermind it i tried since yesterday reinstall reboot wasted my time on pc it worked in seconds thanks anyways and i won't touch register or stuff tnx,

Follow-up post to confirm that it's definitely the Ribbon feature in Win8 Explorer windows that's involved in the "missing" caption glow (thanks to "MTDirector" for providing the clue).

I found this article:

http://www.askvg.com/how-to-disable-new-ribbon-ui-and-get-old-toolbar-back-in-windows-8-explorer/

...which states that some Explorer windows in Win8 are apparently not "Ribboned" and when opened directly such windows do have the desired caption glow effect.  For example, open "C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files" via the Run command and it will default to caption glow (this is with Aero Glass 8.1 installed but no UxStyle or custom theme on my system).  See attached screenshot for an example of this.

This may be pretty basic info to most of you but for those of us not familiar with Windows 8 theming it is not so obvious.  Anyway I'm just putting this info here "for the record" in the hopes that someone else with the same question I had may be able to find the answer without engaging in their own extended self-dialog.  B)

(Peter)

post-315582-0-94178300-1417749919_thumb.

Edited by PeterMS

Also, jump list context menu is a bit messed up.

Please see attached screen-shot:

Thanks,

Will

this is no aero issue. This happens when you use a theme which is incompatible with the Spring Update for 8.1. StartIsBack+ fixes it.

Or modifying the theme file for it to work without Startisback but it messes up the original Start Menu Properties in the process. One of the 2.

Not using a modified theme or startisback.

Though I am running Classic Shell. Maybe that is breaking it then, will test.