bigmuscle

are the machine codes different? if yes, BM truly needs to fix something, if not, be happy

The  machine codes are completely different.  I have uploaded debug.log as debug.txt.

UPDATE:  I was just studying the log file, and from what I can tell, after the program finds that the Machine ID for the virtual hard drive is not valid, it checks the Machine ID from my main drive on which I have my Windows 8.1 native OS installed.  When THAT matches, it says "Okay, we are good to go!"  Hence no pop-ups or watermarks on my VHD.

debug.txt

Edited by dhjohns

The  machine codes are completely different.  I have uploaded debug.log as debug.txt.

UPDATE:  I was just studying the log file, and from what I can tell, after the program finds that the Machine ID for the virtual hard drive is not valid, it checks the Machine ID from my main drive on which I have my Windows 8.1 native OS installed.  When THAT matches, it says "Okay, we are good to go!"  Hence no pop-ups or watermarks on my VHD.

`EDIT:  I apparently remembered wrong.

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

OK, so on my machine I have ONE drive with three partitions.  The first is for my main OS which is Windows 8.1.  The next is for  my virtual machines.  I have TWO VHD files which I boot to from my initial boot menu.  The others are VMDK which I use in VMWare.  The other partition is for sorting installation files and other stuff.  One of the VHD files is Windows 10, and the other is a copy of Windows 8.1 which I upgraded from Windows 8.  Both of these VHDs now are running Aeroglass v1.3.1 with the same donation.key, and none of them are showing watermarks or popups.

So, basically I am running three different operation systems with the same donation.key.  One is on the first partition natively, and the other two are on the second partition as VHDs.

Edited by dhjohns

@dhjohns : I think that's the intended behaviour. BM has stated that machine code is calculated from the hard drive and motherboard (or processor?) ids. As long as you don't change the hard drive or motherboard, the key would work.

In other words, the key is for one physical machine. ie, one laptop or desktop or whatever. You can install as many Windows operating systems on it as you want, on as many partitions you want, and the key will work on all of them. But the key will not work on another machine, or another hard drive.

At least, that's my understanding, and I think that's a good policy.

Edited by sudalz

that is nice to know.

BTW I found an error in your support site.

my Key ran out in Nov 30 (at the 30th or 31st oct I disabled it coz of HDD/SSD switch) so it should be away from today onwards. but it was still there. clicking it again killed it off for good.

I've been updating the theme atlas (which is not a full theme) that I provided for Windows 10 in place on my web site.  Keep in mind it works with light title text with a dark "glow".

It's still at:  http://Noel.ProDigitalSoftware.com/ForumPosts/Win10/FauxBordersRoundedCorners.png

It looks like this:  http://Noel.ProDigitalSoftware.com/ForumPosts/Win10ProductiveDesktop.png

-Noel

Excellent work you done there NoelC on the theme atlas I love the looks of it

Altering the drop shadows is essentially what I did with the Win 10 Theme Atlas I altered, aphelion, but I threw in some blue because I prefer the active Window to be rimmed in a color that differs from the inactive ones.  Granted, the drop shadow is different as well...

Active.png

Perhaps I'll experiment in differentiating active/inactive windows by the shade of gray, rather than blue.  Only problem I've run into is that I can't seem to bring the inactive window color down to be dimmer than that of the active window color that I like.

But the partially transparent faux borders achievable through the drop shadow resource are still not as good as having a truly translucent border, and that only comes if the theme itself generates the accented color in a true border.  Microsoft is being obtuse with their (near) borderless windows...  It's as though they're allergic to doing anything they've done in the past.

I haven't tried too hard to tweak the values in the registry...   It might be possible to restore those borders, though if I could there would then be the same challenge faced in Win 8 to make rounded corners.  Sigh.

-Noel

Can you do it in clear colour. I like using clear and never like having any colour on the borders

OK, I've done one up quickly without any blue color.  The active window still has a more significant drop shadow, and the border is a bit lighter than the inactive window. 

This seems to work best at about 40% opacity (I hope Big Muscle will update his configurator tool).

This still has a dark "glow" for white title text.  I think that really fits with the look of it, but would anyone want a variant where the glow behind the title is light (for dark text)?

ActiveNoColor.png

ActiveNoColorAlt.png

http://Noel.ProDigitalSoftware.com/ForumPosts/Win10/FauxBordersRoundedCornersColorlessBorders.png

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

Machine ID is always generated for your HDD where your Windows directory belongs to. However, if used key does not match it, it is checked also against your primary drive.

This is good to know!  One machine with several operating systems, and one key to use them all!  Thank you!

NoelC said:

This still has a dark "glow" for white title text.  I think that really fits with the look of it, but would anyone want a variant where the you like the glow behind the title is light (for dark text)?

Dhjohns replies:  Yes, I love the light glow for dark text.  I can not see my text when both are dark, and I have always assumed glow is light!