bigmuscle

Rename you "license.key" to "donation.key" this works for me.

Hey Big Muscle!

Why do your new Version 1.3 for Windows 8.1+ not accept my Donation Key?

Aero Glass 1.25 for Windows running on Windows 8.1 64Bit no Problem!

What`s the matter?

New version 1.3 works well on my Windows 10 TP Build 9879 except 2 things that don't work is 1) glass shiny atlas resource doesn't seem to be correct all jumbled up and 2) Start menu not transparency as it is in your screenshot. Also thanks for the update.

Another way to restore borders is in a color agnostic way. I'm on 8.1 but this screenshot shows 2 pairs of borders, the second is generated by the shadow resource and is clear so it won't conflict with whatever the desktop or theme color is.

jMQafRT.png

Altering the drop shadows is essentially what I did with the Win 10 Theme Atlas I altered, aphelion, but I threw in some blue because I prefer the active Window to be rimmed in a color that differs from the inactive ones.  Granted, the drop shadow is different as well...

Active.png

Perhaps I'll experiment in differentiating active/inactive windows by the shade of gray, rather than blue.  Only problem I've run into is that I can't seem to bring the inactive window color down to be dimmer than that of the active window color that I like.

But the partially transparent faux borders achievable through the drop shadow resource are still not as good as having a truly translucent border, and that only comes if the theme itself generates the accented color in a true border.  Microsoft is being obtuse with their (near) borderless windows...  It's as though they're allergic to doing anything they've done in the past.

I haven't tried too hard to tweak the values in the registry...   It might be possible to restore those borders, though if I could there would then be the same challenge faced in Win 8 to make rounded corners.  Sigh.

-Noel

Yeah I get it, and as you said the shadow resource doesn't get the color tint, so that's why I proposed a color agnostic solution. It's the only way that it can be ubiquotous, so that it works for everyone regardless of theme or color settings. If it's done right it can still look good which is why I showed the screenshot--there's no need to have 2 borders on my windows, but it doesn't look bad at all.

This new version did not work very well at all until I used NoelC's theme atlas found here http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/170850-aero-glass-for-win81-131/?p=1089863.  I am using W10 b9879 Enterprise x64, with 2 monitors.  I had a watermark in the lower right hand corner of each monitor, plus a watermark in the lower left hand corner of my main.  Also, none of the symbols lined up correctly.  I downloaded NoelC's theme atlas, renamed it to the default, and signed out, then back in again.  Now everything is as it should be.  The extra watermark also vanished.  All is good.

EDIT:  If I uncheck install shiny atlas resource, it is fine.  If I check it everything is all screwed up.  :(

Edited by dhjohns

so in other words I can change them but I must do it everytime I wanna change my theme color?          

That would be true, yes, after of course disabling the automatic theme coloration by Windows.

FYI, (like Liangkung on the previous page) I couldn't get version 1.3 to accept my donation.key on my main workstation (running Win 8.1 x64), so I've reverted back to 1.2.5.

-Noel

Thanks BM. The watermark issue on my Windows 8.1 machine I reported earlier is now fixed with version 1.3.1.

- Liang

I haven't tried too hard to tweak the values in the registry...   It might be possible to restore those borders, though if I could there would then be the same challenge faced in Win 8 to make rounded corners.  Sigh.

I tried but without success. Vertical padding for top part works correctly, but width of the frame is not respected at all. Let's wait for the final solution in Win10 RTM - if it is not changed there, I will try to code it myself.

Yeah, I just followed your footsteps after having written the above.

I don't understand the current crew at Microsoft.  It's a though they want to hard code everything, and re-implement everything.  How the heck hard would it have been to just set the default BorderWidth and PaddedBorderWidth entries in the registry to 1 or 0, use the existing theme code, and move on?

Makes you wonder if someone completely lost the source code for some parts of Windows.

They should contact the NSA.

-Noel

I tried but without success. Vertical padding for top part works correctly, but width of the frame is not respected at all. Let's wait for the final solution in Win10 RTM - if it is not changed there, I will try to code it myself

Thanks BM for working on this. I installed Aero Glass with the Experimental Win 10 Support after updating  to Win10 b9879 and it is working great for me now. 

After following dhjohns advice, I unchecked "install shiny atlas resource" because I was also having problems earlier, now it is working great. 

Very Important Revelation:  

My Windows 10 TP Enterprise v9879 is installed on a VHD which resides on a different partition on the same drive.  I can choose to boot to it from a boot menu when I start my computer.

I have installed the new version of Aeroglass v1.3.1 on my native OS with a legitimate key, and I installed it on my Windows 10 VHD.

Of course I had the watermark, and the pop-up since I had no license for this.  I decided to do an experiment.

I copied the donation.key file from my native Windows 8.1 set-up to the Aeroglass folder in the Windows 10 VHD.

I RESTARTED, and the donation key WORKED!!!! 

Edited by dhjohns