bigmuscle

Except for that, everything works?           

If you mean everything about Aero Glass, yes, it appears to.

I've updated my theme atlas to match it.  It makes it more pleasant to test.

http://Noel.ProDigitalSoftware.com/ForumPosts/Win10/FauxBordersRoundedCorners.png

Microsoft has been playing about with the theme atlas file, and something doesn't quite line up between the theme software implementation and the current theme atlas, so I made some tweaks to try to tidy that up.  I don't think it looks too bad, but there's probably room for improvement...

AeroGlassOnWin10Build9879.png

-Noel

Hey BigMuscle, hope things are going well for you.  If you have a moment to prep one, I'll be happy to test a new build with your latest code that sets the inactive title bar color (sans alpha).  I see your latest x64 test build is still from October 24.  If it's not convenient, don't worry about it.

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

NoelC: I needed to finish some stuff. Now new build uploaded.

Unfortunately, the x64 build doesn't seem to work on the same VM the last one was running fine on.  Aero Glass runs to completion at startup (it normally keeps running, of course).  No DWM.exe window comes up at all, and nothing is written to the debug.log.

No errors are logged in the Windows error logs.

To install it I just replaced the 4 files on my test system on which the prior version had been working fine.

When I restore the 4 files from the prior 1.2.6 preview that you built in October Aero Glass starts okay again.

I'm not sure whether mixing and matching components is reasonable at all, but I tried replacing just DWMGlass.dll from today's build, without changing anything else, and got the same symptom.  No DWM startup and nothing written to the debug.log.

Sorry I don't have better news for you.  Let me know what other info I can provide.

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

NoelC: I needed to finish some stuff. Now new build uploaded.

Unfortunately, the x64 build doesn't seem to work on the same VM the last one was running fine on.  Aero Glass runs to completion at startup (it normally keeps running, of course).  No DWM.exe window comes up at all, and nothing is written to the debug.log.

No errors are logged in the Windows error logs.

To install it I just replaced the 4 files on my test system on which the prior version had been working fine.

When I restore the 4 files from the prior 1.2.6 preview that you built in October Aero Glass starts okay again.

I'm not sure whether mixing and matching components is reasonable at all, but I tried replacing just DWMGlass.dll from today's build, without changing anything else, and got the same symptom.  No DWM startup and nothing written to the debug.log.

Sorry I don't have better news for you.  Let me know what other info I can provide.

-Noel

Yes, I see the same thing.

Only my install was on my hard drive.

The AeroGlas for Build 9860 also works fine for me too.

nah he says that they gave him feedback in previous development stages of this, where I just think, how if there was no prevoius dev stage which was open to all to give feedback. chicken and egg problem.

NoelC, Dreamweaver01: do you test it on Win8.1 or Win10? Does aerohost.exe keep running or does it close immediately after startup? Could you try executing aerohost.exe just outside of Task Scheduler to see whether it displays "You need system account blah blah" message or it stucks earlier...

btw public release will be delayed - one week for each one My1's useless post.

NoelC, Dreamweaver01: do you test it on Win8.1 or Win10? Does aerohost.exe keep running or does it close immediately after startup? Could you try executing aerohost.exe just outside of Task Scheduler to see whether it displays "You need system account blah blah" message or it stucks earlier...

Don't do that to us now, please!

Edited by Tusticles

Sorry, I should have been more specific about the test environment.  I tested on Win 10 Enterprise TP x64 build 9879.  Single virtual monitor is 1920 x 1200 pixels.  I run the software from C:\BIN.

Aerohost exits instantly and emits no message at all, as shown here...

Win10_AG126_20141118.png

-Noel