bigmuscle

It takes time of course but I don't understand the several day delay ms have before uploading symbols to the server. I want to get me some more testing of the new build. I just want to confirm it to be just as stable as any previous versions, which is pretty much what will happen.

Sent from my Nexus 4 running CM11 (KK 4.4.4) using Tapatalk

You don't think they know there are applications like Big Muscle's that use the symbols?  It's clear they're doing everything they can to thwart the 3rd party add-ons that are starting to define the Windows WE want, not the Windows THEY want us to use.  I'm sure they justify it in the name of "security".

I wouldn't be surprised if they would just stop putting the symbols online for these Technical Preview builds.

Edit:

As I think I saw in the last pre-release build, the information coming out of Big Muscle's software seems to imply some of the needed symbol data is available and some is not...

Please correct me if I've misinterpreted the output, but specifically, the symbols for uDWM appear to be available, while those for dwmcore are not:

Aero Glass 1.2.6 DEBUG extension for Win8.1 Desktop Window Manager.
This window is intended to display debug messages.

DBGHELP: Symbol Search Path: .;SRV*C:\BIN\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/down
load/symbols
dwmcore.dll version 6.4.9879.0
DBGHELP: .\dwmcore.pdb - file not found
DBGHELP: .\dll\dwmcore.pdb - file not found
DBGHELP: .\symbols\dll\dwmcore.pdb - file not found
SYMSRV: C:\BIN\symbols\dwmcore.pdb\0110E13FE8E644B0A9B83CBD00A0D4DC1\dwmcore.pdb not found
SYMSRV: http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols/dwmcore.pdb/0110E13FE8E644B0A9B83CBD00A0D4DC1/dwmcore.pdb not found

DBGHELP: dwmcore.pdb - file not found
DBGHELP: dwmcore - export symbols
Failed to load symbol module dwmcore.dll: 0
udwm.dll version 6.4.9879.0
DBGHELP: .\uDWM.pdb - file not found
DBGHELP: .\dll\uDWM.pdb - file not found
DBGHELP: .\symbols\dll\uDWM.pdb - file not found
DBGHELP: udwm - public symbols
C:\BIN\symbols\uDWM.pdb\A052046B05A340739BFD4FD2D0D452B71\uDWM.pdb
Symbols loaded for udwm.dll as 3
(#0)
DWM incompatibility error 0x7E3

By the way, I verified that the uDWM.dll is not the same between build 9860 and 9879.

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

You don't think they know there are applications like Big Muscle's that use the symbols?  It's clear they're doing everything they can to thwart the 3rd party add-ons that are starting to define the Windows WE want, not the Windows THEY want us to use.  I'm sure they justify it in the name of "security".

I wouldn't be surprised if they would just stop putting the symbols online for these Technical Preview builds.

-Noel

You are absolutely right.  Microsoft never cares what the consumer wants.  They always give us a product that no one likes, and no one would ever use.  After all isn't that what successful companies do?  They all sell us products that suck.  That is how they become so successful.  Then they conspire to make them totally useless so we go out and buy more.  It is a conspiracy that is what it is.  No wonder no one uses Windows any more.  No one likes it, and Microsoft makes sure it develops a product no one would ever want, and no one would ever buy.

It takes time of course but I don't understand the several day delay ms have before uploading symbols to the server.

Someone on WindowBlinds forum mentioned that this happened even in the past - much earlier before my Aero Glass ;-) I just think that it takes some time until all needed files are published.

uDWM symbols are up now, but they are needed for custom inactive frame colors and caption glow effect only.