bigmuscle

how does it work when you disable his theme?

imo his theme did have some problems, so i decided against it for this one:

http://damonkeyoncrack.deviantart.com/art/Aero7-V2-for-Windows-8-8-1-10-TP-429412929

If I may ask, what kind of problems in your opinion did the Windows Aero theme by XxiNightxX have? Just out of curiousity

Edited by DoubleSAnimations

Some windows like the mobility center were a bit screwed up

Ah. Yeah I know why that happens. It's because the "Windows & Caption Buttons > Aero > DWM Window > Frames > Window > Top / Left / Right" images were modified to have the overlay effects that Windows 7 once carried, but was removed as of Windows 8 Consumer Preview. Since the Properties no longer were listed in 8/8.1's msstyles. The overlay effects were included in the actual Window frames.

Windows just as "Mobility Center", and the "Gadgets" window (If people took the time to registry tweak their Windows 8.1 to had WIndows 7's gadgets.) Are programmed with only, "DWM Window > Frames > Window > Top and Bottom." That's what causes the mess-up.

Edited by DoubleSAnimations

But the other style i lonked does not have this problem also there were some small disturbances in cmd and Firefox borders. The other theme doesn't have this as well.

Been running on windows 10 tp for some time now and I have had no issues.

Well only one theme related issue. That is the order edges of window borders are black instead of the white that I got used to in the windows 8.1. Not a big deal really. I just probably have to edit the atlas manually

Sent from my Nexus 4 running CM11 (KK 4.4.4) using Tapatalk

How do I uninstall the Windows Aero theme so I can try that other one? I installed it with a regular installer, but it isn't listed anywhere in the programs list...

you just delete the old theme file and add in the new ones. simple. :P

Edited by xXiNightXx

But the other style i lonked does not have this problem also there were some small disturbances in cmd and Firefox borders. The other theme doesn't have this as well.

DoubleSanimations just explained why my theme does that and not on the other. Mine uses custom borders to add back in the glow and shine effects. The one you listed does not have that which is why that has no issues.