bigmuscle

i have enabled verbose logging on this site: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2545723 by using the windows 8 fix it button (i'm guessing this one will work on my windows 8.1 too) since i'm not sure i understand how to get to  HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM in order to input the instruction "0x1" which enables the instructions to logging / logging of donation key messages and fatal errors.

i'm not sure how i can check the internet connection to see if it is blocking MS servers, could you explain how?

http://imageshack.com/a/img661/5129/zZuiPk.jpg

both dgbhelp.dll works and symsrv.dll files are present 

as you can see from the image, i don't have a symbols folder within aero glass :(

YAAAAY! i finally got it all to function and work bigmuscle (note: i'm a student and i have spent a fortune building my new pc! so sorry i originally donated only 1 dollar! was being cheeky to try and save myself money :P but as of now i have donated 6 dollars, but when i get more money i will be donating more to you, probably anoth 10 or 15 dollars. what you do i think is very good for the community, and you do it for free, so you deserve it. 

anyways, i tried to get it all to work and to try and understand how to do the things i did not understand from you and your guide, i understood some parts but not enough to know what i was really doing. i came across however a forum which i believe you also post on, since i saw your username on there:

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/53651-HowTo-Working-AeroGlass-for-W8-1-1-x64-x32

the guy called moderate had given a download link to sort the missing symbols which is causing the dwm compatibility, i followed his instructions, uninstalled everything, input the symbol content from his rar into the symbol folder, it all worked fine, restarted, no message, and then added the key and i've now got it all to work perfectly! :) thank you once again ^_^

if there's anything to improve on, something i'd like to change (not sure how though! if you know, that would be awesome) is that when you have say, a window open, its seethrough and blurry as should be, but its a blue colour? and when i lose focus on that window by clicking somewhere else, it removes that blue colour hue. so what i was wondering is, is it possible to keep all windows with no colour, even when in focus of the window? so its got no blue, completely seethrough whether or not the window is in focus, since i prefer it when there's no blue colour... hope this made sense!

Edited by 05ekwong

if there's anything to improve on, something i'd like to change (not sure how though! if you know, that would be awesome) is that when you have say, a window open, its seethrough and blurry as should be, but its a blue colour? and when i lose focus on that window by clicking somewhere else, it removes that blue colour hue. so what i was wondering is, is it possible to keep all windows with no colour, even when in focus of the window? so its got no blue, completely seethrough whether or not the window is in focus, since i prefer it when there's no blue colour... hope this made sense!

Not sure if this is what you want but try this:

Right-click desktop -> Personalize -> Windows -> Color

Choose any color except the automatic one, then set the color intensity (the slider) to the lowest value.

Save changes.

Now the border is completely see-through regardless of what your wallpaper is or whether the window is focused or not.

First time trying the beta on Win10, and all things are good to go on my laptop.

Also using Noel's themeatlas and it too is working well with my setup.

No problems noted as yet.

Where was the beta posted?

Not sure if it's been discussed yet or not, but a recent update to Windows 8.1 makes the Aero quite glitchy. And overlapping windows aero shows right through the window behind to the desktop wallpaper. And you move a window around and it many times gets blurred around and lags.

I think it's more then likely you are not using the latest build, I was running an older build on one of my PC's and noticed the same issue, updating t the latest fixed the problem.

Well I will try to uninstall and reinstall Aero Glass but I am using the latest build for Windows 8.1 to my knowledge (1.2.5, which is the latest and the version I'm running).

EDIT: I redownloaded v1.2.5 and I reinstalled. Still gives me the incompatible DWM error and the glitches.

Edited by dAKirby309

dAKirby309: is it too hard to read several pages back? If people asks one same thing over and over again (and they don't read the first/second post at all) then you should not be surprised that you will not be able to find the answer...

bigmuscle: I was wondering what theme you are using in the following picture (I can't seem to find it) also, that looks like start8? If it is, how do you get the blur effect? It is not working for me (I have transparency enabled in start8) Thanks!
screen2.png

Role: Regular donator
Your support value: 22.00 €

You can totally generate 14 keys.You have already generated 10 keys (4 remaining).

Oh well guess i was not important enough :(

I am also having the same issue.

Role: Regular donator

Your support value: 23.00 €

You can totally generate 15 keys.

You have already generated 3 keys (12 remaining).

bigmuscle: I was wondering what theme you are using in the following picture (I can't seem to find it) also, that looks like start8? If it is, how do you get the blur effect? It is not working for me (I have transparency enabled in start8) Thanks!
screen2.png

the blur you can set in the registry and the theme looks like stock Win8

Thank you for replying, but that answered none of my questions, just created more.  :(

How do you

• Set it to "Stock" Windows 8 theme (With transparency, obviously)
  • Set "blur" via registry for Start8/Other start menu additives.
  • When windows are unfocused, keep the color.

Edit: Figured out how to get the default Windows 8 theme (With transparency and blur) you just rename/delete the win8rp.png file, which controls the theme look. It took away the dark shadows though.

Edited by DynamicSwami

dAKirby309: is it too hard to read several pages back? If people asks one same thing over and over again (and they don't read the first/second post at all) then you should not be surprised that you will not be able to find the answer...

Apparently it is because I don't know what you're referring to. I'm sorry I'm not technical with this stuff.... am I supposed to be? I don't think so if I'm an average user. And I guess I'm missing something on a specific page? I am asking what the deal is ever since I updated. Can I get some clearer instructions or what to do or read or download so I can potentially solve the issue? Because I'm not sure. Thanks.

Edited by dAKirby309