bigmuscle

mufunyo: check that your donation key is valid, because it probably is not - no error message is currently logged when it does not match.

I'm not sure how to check that, other than redownloading the key from http://www.glass8.eu/profile.php, which yields the same key.

Machine ID: 6R4VZNLCU7ZIILHAYSCMLWAVQFXLPOXVBQL5GT4ILLBT6DVY

Donation key: d5031d8af8149965c8286d0bda90db060ac8b164fc4dbe46d5ed1dae4bbe99e597b9049728aae96f8e1a4da5ecaf8198

Enable blur on taskbar:

EnableBlur.exe class Shell_TrayWnd accent 0 0 0 0

EnableBlur.exe class Shell_TrayWnd blur true

And of course, Shell_SecondaryTrayWnd for secondary monitor taskbars.

Edited by mufunyo

Role: Regular donator
Your support value: 10.00 €

You can totally generate 6 keys.You have already generated 1 keys (5 remaining).

I paid for this and PM him my email address and I still don't get access to Win10 test version :(

Patience.    Those who provided valuable feedback last time around are being asked to do the same again, that's all.  I'm sure it won't be long before it's available to everyone.

Given the free-for-all that happened during the pre-release testing of Aero Glass before, I don't blame Big Muscle for being a bit conservative during this test.  It was irritating having posters complaining incessantly about the nag screen, asking about something that was already provided in the documentation, being critical about the way Big Muscle was handling something, or ANYTHING but providing good technical feedback.  Sure, people care deeply about how their desktop looks, but it just got out of hand.

Big Muscle, is there anything in particular you'd like tested?  You seem to be well beyond having basic problems with this version - frankly I can't find anything at all wrong with it.  I think the one glitch I saw was because of restarting DWM to load a new theme atlas.

-Noel

Patience.    Those who provided valuable feedback last time around are being asked to do the same again, that's all.  I'm sure it won't be long before it's available to everyone.

Given the free-for-all that happened during the pre-release testing of Aero Glass before, I don't blame Big Muscle for being a bit conservative during this test.  It was irritating having posters complaining incessantly about the nag screen, asking about something that was already provided in the documentation, being critical about the way Big Muscle was handling something, or ANYTHING but providing good technical feedback.  Sure, people care deeply about how their desktop looks, but it just got out of hand.

Big Muscle, is there anything in particular you'd like tested?  You seem to be well beyond having basic problems with this version - frankly I can't find anything at all wrong with it.  I think the one glitch I saw was because of restarting DWM to load a new theme atlas.

-Noel

I wasn't around for his previous testing. That must been when windows 8 was still new and got me very lost when it come out. I didn't fully use it until 8.1 come out last year. I feel that I should be able to test it. Since I paid for 6 keys. There newer people then me in here that got a test version. Microsoft and other program makers allow there paid customers test there new preview stuff. I love testing new versions of my favorite OS and programs. I can understand what happened last time but I never had complained once about this

Well this is certainly interesting...

First off I decided to use the newfangled Win8.1 installer since I was too lazy to do a manual install. I figured I could install, then replace the files, and after a reboot it would start working. Instead it immediately ran after install, didn't work because this is Win10 and not Win8.1, and kept flashing my screen and popping up error messages (even logging me out at one point). Oy vey. Amidst the chaos I managed to rename the AeroGlass folder to "sdfhjkds" which stopped the madness.

I looked at the log files and couldn't see anything that looked wrong.. assuming I even know what I'm looking at.

But I think the first error is in the first sentence. Win8.1Installer..  Why? Even if lazy, You need only extract the aeroglass zip to where you want it, and run the 'schedule.bat' from the same folder to configure a task on start. There really isn't anything to install as such.

http://glass8.eu/stuff/schedule.bat

Secondly I have always put an 'aeroglass' folder in the root of C: , (as recommended), and never had an issue with updates or symbols or keys. BM has answered many odd situations with nested folder permissions... just keep it simple.

As soon as I corrected my key (I reasonably assume it changed now my laptop has a fresh ssd), everything performed perfectly.

I'd run the unins000.exe (or manually remove the task from scheduler then delete the folder), and do it again properly like I wrote above.

Easier than guessing.

You can totally generate 6 keys.You have already generated 1 keys (5 remaining).

I paid for this and PM him my email address and I still don't get access to Win10 test version :(

BTW, doesnt this sound a little arrogant?

a litle bit like "I paid, so where is the test version that I deserve"

if it's not like that it's okay, then - sorry.

He even states that ppl should not ask for this version.

even though I dont like it myself, epspecially since the testing guys are regularly hyping this stuff with screenshots and all (even if they dont mean it that way) the only thing we can do is waiting.

wait a sec werent metro app always white while the Desktop software is Black?

I dunno how this fares with Aero glass for Win10, as I cannot test it, but maybe this shall help.

the netro apps were white from the beginning, that's what I experienced in Win10, they question is why M$ does that, it aint awesome, it's bul*****. the glow solution in Win7 was way better, since

a) when using black borders, the glow protects the text

b) when using white borders, the black text is visible enough on its own.

My1, on 16 Oct 2014 - 09:32 AM, said:

wait a sec werent metro app always white while the Desktop software is Black?

I dunno how this fares with Aero glass for Win10, as I cannot test it, but maybe this shall help.

If U look at post 2372 of mine it's black and so is even close,minimize and maximizebuttons....

I am not sure since I am not in WIn10, but I know that at some point the Win10 app icons and fornt get white, I think active is white and inactive is black or alike, anyway it's stupid.

You paid for regular (current version and it's updates) activation keys, not for the Beta Program.

Usually a list of current users is made, an then from it a certain number of Beta Testers are chosen according to any among these:

• people that substantially contributed in early (or however previous) development
  • people that the developer simply likes to include
  • people that are drawn at random from the list

Poor little thing, you were not chosen among the elected ones and you weren't lucky enough to have a winning ticket of the lottery :(, I feel for your pain, it is ... , it is .... unfair :w00t::ph34r:.

jaclaz