bigmuscle

win10 + AeroGlass is pure joy! 

post-375511-0-27692200-1413392553_thumb.

I like those frameless windows, specialy now togetter with AG. Before, they was just dull.

All ms apps has black titletext just as ag8.1 had on explorer. Others, like firefox, is changeable.

I agree to others about shadow under windows. But not the way ms has done it.

Keep up the Good Work, BM!

/Mike

Role: Tester
Your support value: 22.00 €

You can totally generate 16 keys.You have already generated 10 keys (6 remaining).

Thanks BM, I see I now get 2 more keys as well :)

OK gave it a test and all working great here, reflections are working, text glow is working, start menu and taskbar blur working with SIB, no artifacts or any other issues I can see so far.

33uppiq.jpg

Edited by MrGRiM

You have it nice, suddenly becoming tester. I wanna provide feedback to bm as well, but that's cleanly impossible without having sth to give feedback to

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk

Updated EnableBlur tool: http://glass8.eu/stuff/EnableBlur.7z

EnableBlur.exe [hwnd <window handle> | name <window name> | class <window class name>] [blur <true/false> | accent <a1> <a2> <a3> <a4> | active <0/1> ] blur 	- true => enables blur behind windows (= fully opaque window when Aero Glass effect is disabled)	- false => disables blur behind windows (= application-defined behaviour)	    accent	- a1 	= 0 => disables accent policy (= application-defined behaviour)	 	= 1 => solid background		= 2 => semi-transparent background		= 3 => background is not drawn	- a2	= 0 => semi-transparent alpha 0.5	        = 2 => semi-transparent alpha 0.75 (>= Win8.1 Update 1 only)		= other values unknown	- a3	= colour of solid background in format BBGGRR (e.g. ff0000 = blue colour)	- a4	= valid values 0-5 (1 = animation during changing solid background colorm; other values currently unknown) 	- other values are possible in original Win8, e.g. to change accent background image etc.		active	- 1 => forces active window appearanceEnable blur on taskbar:	EnableBlur.exe class Shell_TrayWnd accent 0 0 0 0	EnableBlur.exe class Shell_TrayWnd blur true	Default behaviour of taskbar:	EnableBlur.exe class Shell_TrayWnd blur false	EnableBlur.exe class Shell_TrayWnd accent 2 0 0 0

On Win10, there is a bug that taskbar attributes are not always applied immediately.

33uppiq.jpg

What did you do to recover the window borders, Mr. Grim?

I've been working on a "faux rounded corner themeatlas" and it's coming along but I'm not getting any Aero Glass effect in the borders.

-Noel

33uppiq.jpg

What did you do to recover the window borders, Mr. Grim?

I've been working on a "faux rounded corner themeatlas" and it's coming along but I'm not getting any Aero Glass effect in the borders.

-Noel

Borders are define in the msstyle, the default msstyle just have 1px border. If you use any other themes with classic windows border size, they are like MrGRiM screenshot ;)

Feedback to compare apples.

So the start menu isn't transparant for me, like on http://glass8.eu/win_future.html

Might try to temporary remove ClassicShell 4.1 to test if blocking.

AeroGlass 1.2.6 is working on Win10TP-64 here via aerohost method.

Used schedule.bat to install. Had to generate a new key.. old Win8 key for this machine no longer works... weird.

(I did clone Win8 to a new SSD before updating to Win10TP.. maybe that is why, machine ID changed?)

Then symbols downloaded correctly.

Watermark says for Win8.1... If we need to have it, can't it be more specific?! (Win10TP) Whatever... minor detail.

attachicon.gifWin10_Glass_2.jpg

Basicly it is working. Later I will try to load some atlas, and muck about.

Thanks BM.

I just realized that even if BM did select me to test this out, it might not even work as the machine code might may not match.  I installed Windows 10 to another partition.  I wasn't about to upgrade/ overwrite the Win8 install for a buggy Win10 preview.

I'll wait for a more workable version first I guess.

Edited by Techfan6500

Well this is certainly interesting...

First off I decided to use the newfangled Win8.1 installer since I was too lazy to do a manual install. I figured I could install, then replace the files, and after a reboot it would start working. Instead it immediately ran after install, didn't work because this is Win10 and not Win8.1, and kept flashing my screen and popping up error messages (even logging me out at one point). Oy vey. Amidst the chaos I managed to rename the AeroGlass folder to "sdfhjkds" which stopped the madness.

After a reboot, I could replace the files with the Win10 test build, and after rebooting again AeroGlass wasn't quite as frantic but it still complained that it couldn't download symbols. I decided to just download the symbols myself, and placed them in the AeroGlass\symbols folder, after which I could see glass and everything seemed to work.

Oh hey, a nag screen! Let me just copy the machine ID and generate a key. Only after placing the key file in the AeroGlass folder, it keeps nagging. Bummer.

Of course the AeroGlass folder is owned by "Administrators" and has "Everyone: Full Control" (in fact my entire Program Files and ProgramData has these permissions), so there shouldn't be any access issue.

Log of a session when AeroGlass couldn't download symbols: http://pastebin.com/KjaRRfF6

Log of a session when AeroGlass works properly, but keeps nagging about a licence key: http://pastebin.com/3NLGerB1

I've thrown together a basic themeatlas.png file that provides a little relief from the borderless desktop, though it's not particularly flexible.  It restores the appearance of window borders and slightly rounded corners with the Windows 10 TP theme, so for those who don't want to take the next step to putting in an actual theme replacement...  Just use this themeatlas with the Aero Glass 1.2.6 DEBUG version.

Win10WithThemeAtlas.png

Here's the themeatlas.png file that generates the above appearance.  It's still rough, and I'm not sure I like the drop shadows this big, but big shadows ARE reminiscent of the stock theme after all...

http://Noel.ProDigitalSoftware.com/ForumPosts/Win10/themeatlas.png

Edit:  I just thought about it...  I made the drop shadow for the title glow backing dark since I like light titles.  Here's one with a light colored glow for use with dark fonts...

http://Noel.ProDigitalSoftware.com/ForumPosts/Win10/themeatlas_white_glow.png

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

By the way, in all my testing in Win 10 so far, I've seen exactly one visual glitch in a title bar.

Aero Glass for Win 10 is working remarkably well.

Looking carefully at the Win 10 theme resources, I did notice one thing, and coupled with the knowledge of what Microsoft did LAST time with Win 8 previews, I can start to see what's coming...

The theme resources in the stock WIn 10 themeatlas file (that I got from Big Muscle's post in the other thread) are ALL very pale.

What does this say to us?  Is Microsoft phasing out the standard Windows controls?  Will we be left with just borderless, lifeless Metro apps that do whatever they want within their client area?

-Noel