bigmuscle

Feedback to compare apples.

So the start menu isn't transparant for me, like on http://glass8.eu/win_future.html

Might try to temporary remove ClassicShell 4.1 to test if blocking.

AeroGlass 1.2.6 is working on Win10TP-64 here via aerohost method.

Used schedule.bat to install. Had to generate a new key.. old Win8 key for this machine no longer works... weird.

(I did clone Win8 to a new SSD before updating to Win10TP.. maybe that is why, machine ID changed?)

Then symbols downloaded correctly.

Watermark says for Win8.1... If we need to have it, can't it be more specific?! (Win10TP) Whatever... minor detail.

post-380749-0-04958100-1413327682_thumb.

Basicly it is working. Later I will try to load some atlas, and muck about.

Thanks BM.

Edited by ralcool

Just to note, I donated again and my previous generated keys have been overwritten by the new donation so that when I log into that part of the page, it is like I had not previously donated anything.

(I know my individual donations arent so large as I would like them to be but I donate when I can, and considering I use AeroGlass basically all the time, its always been worth it)

Feedback to compare apples.

So the start menu isn't transparant for me, like on http://glass8.eu/win_future.html

Might try to temporary remove ClassicShell 4.1 to test if blocking.

AeroGlass 1.2.6 is working on Win10TP-64 here via aerohost method.

Used schedule.bat to install. Had to generate a new key.. old Win8 key for this machine no longer works... weird.

(I did clone Win8 to a new SSD before updating to Win10TP.. maybe that is why, machine ID changed?)

Then symbols downloaded correctly.

Watermark says for Win8.1... If we need to have it, can't it be more specific?! (Win10TP) Whatever... minor detail.

attachicon.gifWin10_Glass_2.jpg

Basicly it is working. Later I will try to load some atlas, and muck about.

Thanks BM.

Is v1.2.6 the test version.

Yup, Log into www.glass8.eu

Goto 'Support' page

Login with your email and zip/post code.

If you were approved/whatever as a tester you will see a link to download near the bottom under

'Private testing builds'

The debug log/cmd box shows as Version 1.2.6 DEBUG.

Cheers.

Yup, Log into www.glass8.eu

Goto 'Support' page

Login with your email and zip/post code.

If you were approved/whatever as a tester you will see a link to download near the bottom under

'Private testing builds'

The debug log/cmd box shows as Version 1.2.6 DEBUG.

Cheers.

ok

Edited by daveo76

Thanks for pointing out something I somehow missed, ralcool.  I hadn't noticed the login box on BigMuscle's site.  I was just able to get the test version.

First impression:  It works passably, but frankly without the borders on the sides and bottoms of the windows, and without a custom theme atlas, I find it only makes a limited visual improvement to Windows 10.

Findings so far:

• Getting it started was a bit touchy, but once I created a donation.key for the VM it auto-downloaded symbols and ran okay.  Was it supposed to need symbols?  Notably I'm running the Win 10 Enterprise x64 TP, not the normal TP.

• Title bars are made translucent, as expected.  They do make the borderless look a tiny bit easier to stomach, though I will surely miss my slightly rounded corners (which are only possible with a border).

• Classic Shell does enable translucency (vs. the normal transparency) of both the Taskbar and the Classic Shell menus themselves.

• Changing the caption color works, though the white text I prefer is sometimes less readable without a dark caption "glow" capability from a custom theme atlas.

AGW10Desktop.jpg

I guess I'll have to warm up Photoshop and see what it'll take to create a custom theme atlas.  I wonder what the implications are regarding drop shadows...

Anyone have a PNG file yet with the resources laid out that matches Windows 10's stock theme?

-Noel

Just to note, I donated again and my previous generated keys have been overwritten by the new donation so that when I log into that part of the page, it is like I had not previously donated anything.

It seems to be a bug in my script. I try to fix it as soon as possible.

I can't see the Win10 Version.

Only users who sent me PM with their e-mail got it.

Anyone have a PNG file yet with the resources laid out that matches Windows 10's stock theme?

You can extract it from aero.msstyles file.

It seems to be a bug in my script. I try to fix it as soon as possible.

Well, I still have the previously activated licence keys which are still working so I am not so worried about recovering what I previously had there. Just letting you know that it has unexpected behaviour.

Sent from my Nexus 4 running CM11 (KK 4.4.4) using Tapatalk

What does this error message mean "You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AS money FROM donators WHERE email='****@yahoo.com' AND password='*****' at line 1" When I log on to my profile at http://www.glass8.eu/support. I used stars to censor my email and password

Thanks for pointing out something I somehow missed, ralcool.  I hadn't noticed the login box on BigMuscle's site.  I was just able to get the test version.

I didn't know either noel, I also learnt how many keys I had today too!, We have a profile page apparently.

First impression:  It works passably, but frankly without the borders on the sides and bottoms of the windows, and without a custom theme atlas, I find it only makes a limited visual improvement to Windows 10.

Looks almost identical to running DLLinjected 8.1 preview  prototype without the random nag box.

Findings so far:

• Getting it started was a bit touchy, but once I created a donation.key for the VM it auto-downloaded symbols and ran okay.  Was it supposed to need symbols?  Notably I'm running the Win 10 Enterprise x64 TP, not the normal TP.

The moment I ran the schedule.bat, the resulting cmd box declared 'dwm incompatibility' until I loaded the fresh donation.key, and it downloaded the symbols.. (Funnily enough I have the entire symbol package from MS... but this is testing.)

• Title bars are made translucent, as expected.  They do make the borderless look a tiny bit easier to stomach, though I will surely miss my slightly rounded corners (which are only possible with a border).

You'll notice putting the mouse on the border of any borderless windows shows the pixel capture zome.

• Classic Shell does enable translucency (vs. the normal transparency) of both the Taskbar and the Classic Shell menus themselves.

For me, the new start menu isn't translucent like BM displayed on his webpage.

That said I only care that ClassicShell works fine generally, and appeazr as you've suggested.

• Changing the caption color works, though the white text I prefer is sometimes less readable without a dark caption "glow" capability from a custom theme atlas.

Oddly enough try running Internet explorer, it has title glow. No other area I have found does this.

What does this error message mean "You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AS money FROM donators WHERE email='****@yahoo.com' AND password='*****' at line 1" When I log on to my profile at http://www.glass8.eu/support. I used stars to censor my email and password

This is probably because BigMuscle is/was updating the content scripts for the user section of the site. Try again later ;)

edit

Ok so initial impressions of AeroGlass test version.

So far so good in terms of border transparency. But to mirror everyone else - the Window theme is kind of a step back. What are MS thinking??? :D With Glass enabled, there is no clear border on the window. A tiny black line maybe but see how it is difficult to distinguish where the window ends when there is a dark coloured window behind it. Similar problem on the taskbar.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/isnmfmow0u56dlh/Aeroglass%20win10tp%2015-oct-2014.jpg?dl=0

Also, Glass is working nicely with EnableBlur. I can control the taskbar is transparent or not independantly to the window borders. I want the taskbar the same as the window borders, but, for someone who might now, this tool works well together with AeroGlass.

Everything feels stable right now, and I will update after a few days of usage.

edit

AeroLite theme exists. But unlike with Windows 8, the Titlebar Text is no longer white. And just like Windows 8, the Taskbar text is black (and makes reading the clock more difficult).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tlwtzgl3svomwzd/Aeroglass%20win10tp%20AeroLite%2015-oct-2014.jpg?dl=0

Edited by drakenabarion

Microsoft complicated things by releasing 17 updates for Win 8.1 today.  I'm busy working through those in a different VM.  Do I trust Microsoft to release only good software?  Let's just say I "trust but verify".  At least Aero Glass for Win 8.1 still works with the latest updates.  I see IE is up to 11.0.13 now.

Thanks to you, Big Muscle, for posting the Win 10 Theme Atlas file in the other thread; I'll be looking into what can be done with that a little later.  I see the huge and too light drop shadows in there are graphic elements, which means they're changeable, which Is awesome.  Maybe the window borders can be resurrected as well (I don't know yet).

-Noel