bigmuscle

Ok, I am almost ready. The current state is that Aero Glass for Win10 (let's use this working title for now) is working. Currently it just does not accept the transparency level set via Control Panel (or registry), because Win10's DWM does not provide this information to the renderer at all.

I will distribute the preview version to the testers during the next week as a separate Win10 version. Later, it will merged with Win8.1 version and distributed to the testers again. If it works correctly, I will release it to the public then. It will still come under the name "Aero Glass for Win8.1 ver1.2.6" (there will be one DLL only for both systems) and we will see what happens when Windows 10 RTM is released - maybe it will be enough to have one version only (so we will create some universal name), maybe the changes will be so complicated that separate version will be needed.

So... if any of the users who provided the feedback during the previous development stages are interested in the testing, write me PM with your e-mail (under which you are registered on my website). Please, users who just registered here, this testing is not for you. Also, do not register in this forum in hope that you will be the tester. Only  the serious feedback is needed and many users from this forum already provided it before. I just don't remember all of them. Also, don't worry that I don't answer your PM immediately, I will just change the bit in your profile to the tester and you can download it there when it is available.

--------

Meanwhile, I created a small utility which can alter blur (Win7-8.1) and accent (Win8-10) on any window. You can download it here: http://glass8.eu/stuff/EnableBlur.7z

The usage is:

EnableBlur.exe [hwnd | name | class] [<window handle> | <window name> | <window class name>] [blur | accent] [<true/false when blur>|<number 0-4 when accent>]

For example, to disable accent and enable blur on the taskbar, use:

EnableBlur.exe class Shell_TrayWnd accent 0EnableBlur.exe class Shell_TrayWnd blur true

Enjoy!

All I get when trying to launch this is EnableBlur.exe has stopped working.

Ok, I am almost ready. The current state is that Aero Glass for Win10 (let's use this working title for now) is working. Currently it just does not accept the transparency level set via Control Panel (or registry), because Win10's DWM does not provide this information to the renderer at all.

I will distribute the preview version to the testers during the next week as a separate Win10 version. Later, it will merged with Win8.1 version and distributed to the testers again. If it works correctly, I will release it to the public then. It will still come under the name "Aero Glass for Win8.1 ver1.2.6" (there will be one DLL only for both systems) and we will see what happens when Windows 10 RTM is released - maybe it will be enough to have one version only (so we will create some universal name), maybe the changes will be so complicated that separate version will be needed.

So... if any of the users who provided the feedback during the previous development stages are interested in the testing, write me PM with your e-mail (under which you are registered on my website). Please, users who just registered here, this testing is not for you. Also, do not register in this forum in hope that you will be the tester. Only  the serious feedback is needed and many users from this forum already provided it before. I just don't remember all of them. Also, don't worry that I don't answer your PM immediately, I will just change the bit in your profile to the tester and you can download it there when it is available.

--------

Meanwhile, I created a small utility which can alter blur (Win7-8.1) and accent (Win8-10) on any window. You can download it here: http://glass8.eu/stuff/EnableBlur.7z

The usage is:

EnableBlur.exe [hwnd | name | class] [<window handle> | <window name> | <window class name>] [blur | accent] [<true/false when blur>|<number 0-4 when accent>]

EnableBlur.exe class Shell_TrayWnd accent 0EnableBlur.exe class Shell_TrayWnd blur true

Enjoy!

All I get when trying to launch this is EnableBlur.exe has stopped working.

Run cmd as administator

--------

The usage is:

Enjoy!

In Windows 10:

Accent changed the taskbar to opaque on each value 0-4. I do not see much difference in each of those values but my taskbar is no longer transparent.

Blur changed the Taskbar to the Theme colour when True and to a lighter version of it when false (Which I think its the default).

I am guessing this will make more sense when Areo Glass is running. I have not tried on my Windows 8.1 machine.